Monday, November 2, 2015

The Perfect Fall Weekend

After a slightly jarring DITL post (or so I am told that's how it read) where Emma was not on her best behavior, the following weekend we really had the best little fall weekend so I thought I would share to show that it is not always high stress/high drama with my two toddlers :).

Friday nights (when it is not concert season), we primarily stay at home.  Wes cooks a nice dinner and we unwind slowly into our weekend (Amazing Race for us and Peppa Pig for them).  This Friday night was no exception other than when I told Everly to get in her crib, she opted to get in her baby doll crib rather than her own crib ;).  Don't worry, we got that all straightened out.


On Saturday morning, we had breakfast and got ready for soccer.  Emma insisted on wearing her tutu to the game, but once we got there she put on her soccer uniform and was ready to go!  We were so so happy that she started participating! It takes our girl awhile to warm up to new things, so after a few disastrous games where she spent more time waving instead of playing, she finally started running towards the ball and getting touches.  Sister hugs during a water break.


Which just continued after the game as well :).


Evsie's loves it when she gets to participate in after soccer snack- especially when said snack includes chocolate milk.


After soccer, at the girls request, we headed to Six Flags for some fun! The weather had cooled down and we were in for a busy, but much cooler day.


First things first, when we got there we had to go say hi to Goldie and go for a ride!


Intensely hugging Goldie goodbye :).


We stopped to ride the little train and I just absolutely adore anything that my two girls can do together and this was no exception.


I know we will be in trouble when this girl turns 16.


This facial expression :).


Driving us around the track ;).


Since it was Fright Fest at Six Flags- they had this cute area where the kiddo's could trick or treat and visit with characters.  It was no surprise that Emma ran right up to the piggy to give him a hug :).


However, we were a little shocked when Ev's joined in too.


A version of a bunny rabbit according to the girls ;).


My girls :).


After we gobbled down the few pieces of the candy the girls got (including a red sucker ;)), we rode several of the kiddo rides including the swings and hot air balloons.


Love seeing her smile like this :).


We ate lunch and then Wes wanted to see if the girls are scared of heights so we went up in the Six Flags tower.  One thing is for sure, this girl is not scared of heights! She loved being up so high!!


We rode the train, a few more rides and spent way longer than we ever thought possible playing on the Six Flags playground forgoing naps for everyone involved.  This girl was obsessed with these duck and bunny feet :).  At about 6:00 we packed up and headed home with two very tired but happy girls.  When we got home that night, we just vegged after such a busy day.



The next morning we were up bright and early for Religious Ed class and well because we have toddlers, duh!; when we got home we went for a short walk to kill a little bit of time before heading to over to my friend Kelli's house (Wes went golfing). This girl was all over the walk.


So was my other girl who brought her beach bag with her. That's right, because we are heading to the beach in 4 weeks (which was more like 7 weeks) at the time this picture was taken :).


Her baby blues are stunning.


And I love her half smile because she knows it will appease her picture loving mama.


This is when I also captured the pictures of our sweet Everly Grace :).


After we wrapped up our walk, we headed over to hang out with baby Connor and his mama.  When we got there, the first thing Emma wanted to do was hold her baby (she is having a hard time realizing the babies she is used to holding are growing up :)).


I imagine she is trying to say, "don't worry baby Theodore, I smoosh other baby cheeks too!".


"Especially while giving them smooches!"


We headed outside to play around with our cameras and try to get a group shot.


#nailedit. Seriously though, the girls and Connor were so well behaved and Kelli and I were actually able to have conversations (as in more than one ;)).


We headed home and actually had successful double naps, Emma woke up after about an hour and a half.  Ev's was still snoozing away, so we just decided to let her keep sleeping and Wes would stay with Everly and I would take Emma to my parents house.  Emma ate up her one-on-one time with Papa George helping him plant flowers and finding 'Grossy' the worm.


Scarf twinsies with my mom :).


After finishing up at my parents house, we picked Wes and Everly up and headed over to have a pizza dinner with Bobbob and Colleen.  Funny story here, even though Ev's had almost a three hour nap, she was in a MOOD when we picked her up.  I tried to get her to put a dress on, when that one did not do to suit, I tried another and another.  Finally I gave up and she went to Bobbob's house in a diaper, boots and her bow- in other words, stylin ;).


It was a weekend filled with good memories spent with some of the people that we love the most!

1 comment:

  1. I am obsessed with the pictures of Connor and the girls with of course my favorites being the squishy cheek ones!! HILARIOUS!
    Also love Everly's tights with her gray converse. super cute!

    ReplyDelete