Thursday, November 26, 2015

I Am Thankful


… for the two girls that made me a mommy; it really is the best gift in the world
… for my husband that is truly my best friend 
… for the sweetest morning kisses bye bye from my baby girl
… for stolen date nights amidst the craziness of raising two toddlers
… for 4pm phone calls with my sister where we talk everything from work to baby to husbands
… for mid-week coffee dates with my sisters that will always snap me out of a funk
… for snuggles in my blardigan; it really is the coziest
… for Sunday afternoon naps with my biggest girl
… for my morning cup of coffee that is always guaranteed to put me in a good mood
… for night night prayers with sweet Ev’s; it is so fun to listen to who she picks to pray for each night
… for Sunday mornings/afternoons spent at my parents’ house letting the girls soak up their grandparents
... for sisters, it is the best gift my parents gave me (and I am hoping it is the best gift that we give Emma and Everly ;))
… for a career that took me to places I never imagined I would see in my wildest dreams
… for a body that let me breastfeed my baby for 21 months
… and, likewise, for a baby that finally moved out of our room and into her crib and most importantly that sleeps all night
… for walks to the lake with Papa George
… for trips to the zoo, specifically the water park – the joy it brought the girls this summer was so fun to watch
… for Starbucks/smoothie dates with my dad
… for a husband that supports my career 100% even when that might mean big changes for our little family
… for God’s grace to pick me back up when I falter
… for family road trips – we had the best time going to Disney World this year!
… for preschool teachers that love our girls like crazy and make learning fun
... for trips to the museum; we love to craft there
… for playdates with baby Seodore, baby Connor and baby M; it is so fun to watch my girls love on other babies
… for relishing the small moments of everyday life (nightly family walks in the fall/nightly pool swims in the summer/pizza dinners with Bobbob and Colleen/bedtime cuddles/bath time play)
… for baby girl clothes, because let’s be honest- I adore dressing my two girls
… for a chance to get away to Mexico this year to celebrate our five year anniversary
… for imaginative play, I just love watching my girls minds work their magic
... for Wes's family - I love the way my in-laws and sister-in-laws love our children
… for the perspective that the days are long, but the years are short because let’s face it- raising two toddlers can be challenging ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment