I am a sucker for all things that my girls do, but combine that with an activity at school and I am a goner. No matter what is going on at work, I will try to rearrange my schedule to make sure I am there for the girls :). At the top of my list of favorite preschool activities, the Halloween parade. I mean, is there anything cuter than a bunch of preschooler's toddling around in costumes. Especially when those costumes are animals?
Like last year, I got the girls dressed in their costumes in plenty of time to take them out for a few pictures :). Ev's had decided that she would rather be a 'lollie than a cow (who can blame her, right ;)).
And just for comparison sake, here is Emma dressed as an elephant too, two years ago (I think this might be my favorite costume, ever!).
I literally melt from cuteness with that little trunk.
Evsie's has always had a special place in her heart for elephants (mainly referring to them as 'lollies) and shockingly loves dressing up (even when it is not Halloween) so it really was the perfect combination.
My 'lollie.
My giraffe was also in good spirits (at first) - I believe for the first year she finally equated getting dressed up in my costume means I am going to get candy.
We went for a little walk
because I wanted to get a picture of them holding hands (similar to last year) and this was my cooperation level (Emma wanted to hide her head) - ay yay yay, toddlers!
That tail (#allthehearteyes).
We headed to school and were ready for the parade. Ev's is in the youngest class and when her class started 'parading' out, it warmed my heart to see that little trunk in her first ever Halloween parade.
Here she came around towards us.
And I just loved watching her little face light up when she saw us!!
She rewarded us with the cutest smile and waves!!
Tee hee - I love the way she was sticking her tongue out (I am guessing she was a little nervous :)).
And just like that, she kept 'parading' and making her way through the trick-or-treat stations.
And if you would like to see more, here is a video :).
Then, it was Emma's turn :).
And since this is her third parade, she was a pro flashing me her big smile and a wave :).
So proud to see her rocking her giraffe costume - this is the first year where I know she paid attention to what the other kiddo's were wearing. When we got to school that morning, she saw her bestie, Wakely, dressed as a butterfly with a 'batarra' (tiara) and for just a minute, I saw her little heart break that she wasn't wearing a tiara too.
3 year old's are resilient and I couldn't see any signs of jealousy the rest of the day. As the cherry on top, I let her pick whether she wanted to wear her Elsa dress or her giraffe outfit on Halloween - and she actually chose her giraffe costume (more to come on our Halloween on Monday).
And a video of Emms's class 'parading'.
Emmy's sweet class all lined up for their picture.
Then, it was party time!! I changed Everly and then headed over to Emma's class to change Emma. I stayed there for a little bit while they got their food.
I love spending time with this girl in her classroom :).
And I think she loved it too ;).
Then, I headed back to Everly's class where Wes had been hanging out and I think she was pretty happy to see me too (humility is not my strong point today ;)).
Sweet family pictures that proves Ev's is more excited to be eating her cookie than hanging out with her parents :).
Such a fun, sweet, adorable morning spent with our girls - I am so glad that Wes and I were both able to attend :).
Like last year, I got the girls dressed in their costumes in plenty of time to take them out for a few pictures :). Ev's had decided that she would rather be a 'lollie than a cow (who can blame her, right ;)).
And just for comparison sake, here is Emma dressed as an elephant too, two years ago (I think this might be my favorite costume, ever!).
I literally melt from cuteness with that little trunk.
Evsie's has always had a special place in her heart for elephants (mainly referring to them as 'lollies) and shockingly loves dressing up (even when it is not Halloween) so it really was the perfect combination.
My 'lollie.
My giraffe was also in good spirits (at first) - I believe for the first year she finally equated getting dressed up in my costume means I am going to get candy.
We went for a little walk
because I wanted to get a picture of them holding hands (similar to last year) and this was my cooperation level (Emma wanted to hide her head) - ay yay yay, toddlers!
That tail (#allthehearteyes).
We headed to school and were ready for the parade. Ev's is in the youngest class and when her class started 'parading' out, it warmed my heart to see that little trunk in her first ever Halloween parade.
Here she came around towards us.
And I just loved watching her little face light up when she saw us!!
She rewarded us with the cutest smile and waves!!
Tee hee - I love the way she was sticking her tongue out (I am guessing she was a little nervous :)).
And just like that, she kept 'parading' and making her way through the trick-or-treat stations.
And if you would like to see more, here is a video :).
Then, it was Emma's turn :).
And since this is her third parade, she was a pro flashing me her big smile and a wave :).
So proud to see her rocking her giraffe costume - this is the first year where I know she paid attention to what the other kiddo's were wearing. When we got to school that morning, she saw her bestie, Wakely, dressed as a butterfly with a 'batarra' (tiara) and for just a minute, I saw her little heart break that she wasn't wearing a tiara too.
3 year old's are resilient and I couldn't see any signs of jealousy the rest of the day. As the cherry on top, I let her pick whether she wanted to wear her Elsa dress or her giraffe outfit on Halloween - and she actually chose her giraffe costume (more to come on our Halloween on Monday).
And a video of Emms's class 'parading'.
Emmy's sweet class all lined up for their picture.
Then, it was party time!! I changed Everly and then headed over to Emma's class to change Emma. I stayed there for a little bit while they got their food.
I love spending time with this girl in her classroom :).
And I think she loved it too ;).
Then, I headed back to Everly's class where Wes had been hanging out and I think she was pretty happy to see me too (humility is not my strong point today ;)).
Sweet family pictures that proves Ev's is more excited to be eating her cookie than hanging out with her parents :).
Such a fun, sweet, adorable morning spent with our girls - I am so glad that Wes and I were both able to attend :).



























Cute parade! Everly has such pretty olive skin!!
ReplyDelete