Thursday, November 19, 2015

October Little Things

Now that we have officially wrapped up October with my final Halloween post, it is now time to talk about all of the little things that happened last month.  October is one of my favorite months of the year, maybe even more so than November (but definitely not as much as December) because there are just so many fun things to do in October.

The weather got a little bit colder which means lots of snuggling in my blardigan (p.s. maker of blardigan, you need to make one specifically for babies so they stop stealing mine ; pps. I think she really looks like me here).


We visited with Nonni and Papa George - always a favorite in our household.


We watched a lot of soccer games the first half of October (the second half we were rained out) where Emma spent more time enjoying the snacks than playing soccer.


Wes went shopping for the girls Halloween costumes and I fell in love with this caterpillar through the snapshot that he sent me.  It is safe to say that Emma did not fall in love ;).


We ran the Halloween light show that Wes worked so hard on several times and the girls loved running up and down the driveway chattering away about pumpkins and ghosts.


We went to Six Flags and this is the only picture I managed to snap :).


We ordered Everly Gracie new shoes (after she went through two pairs of moccs crazy fast) and to say she was excited was an understatement. I think I mentioned this before but it is a story that bears repeating.  Evsie's was so jealous of Emma's new boots. When Emma's boots came in, I made her run around the house to ensure that the boots would stay on and this just increased Ev's jealousy.  Girlfriend wanted some boots like none other chanting on several occasions "me want new boots". I knew she needed some tennis shoes first so I went ahead and ordered her some from Nordstrom.  When these came in, Emma was still napping.  I put these on Ev's feet and without saying any words she took off with the biggest smile on her face taking the same path Emma took when running circles around our house.  When she settled down she came over to me, gave me a kiss and said "me got new shoes mama. tank you.".  I would have paid $1,000 to see that look on her face again.


Of course, we had to take them on a test spin on our nightly walk with unicorn and stroller in tow.  She was just so cute this day, I could have seriously eaten her right up.


We ended the walk with Emma lecturing me that she 'will definitely wear this polka dot dress to Ally's next wedding'.  Because you know, it is much prettier than her flower girl dress ;). And size 18 months.


Thanks to Austin and Craig babysitting the girls are a weeknight, we got to sneak in a fancy date in a suite at the Stars game!!


We hit up the Levitt Pavilion and Emma got a hold of my camera :).




What is left of her squishy baby thighs plus new kicks plus the fact that she doles out multiple kisses on a daily basis had me really swooning over my baby this month.



Last night of the fall concert season equals selfies and snocones with Nonni.


We spent many a Monday nights at Emma's soccer practice.


Where their favorite part was definitely playing on the playground when practice ceased.


One afternoon when Wes picked up the girls from school- he found Everly like this passed out long after everyone had left she was still sleeping (girly must have been tired!).


As mentioned in several posts this month, we got a ton of rain near the end of the month- our oldest girl was in heaven taking her umbrella out and playing in the rain to her heart's content.


One morning she created her own headpiece with 'ca-corn' (her name for her unicorn) and asked me to take her picture.


I replied with 'no problem sweetie, you are adorable' ;).


We went to Nicholas and Noah's birthday party which was come in your costume and while Emma preferred to wear her dress, Ev's dressed up in her moo cow costume :). And enjoyed her icing with a side of cupcake.


The rainy/nasty weather could not hold Emma back from wanting to jump on the trampoline :).


Evsie's love love loved playing with the magnets (we found her sitting her on several occasions)- and yes she is without pants at a party because her first time down the slide ended with wet, muddy pants.


On the last Sunday in October, we were up and dressed in our Sunday best to head to Mass. This girly wanted to jump in the picture with me and I am so glad she did!


After church, we headed over to Nonni and Papa George's house where we helped caused more trouble in getting ready for Ally's birthday shindig that night.


Everly was mainly helping by eating all of the strawberries and blackberries while Emma helped my dad make his green smoothie.  Once they were done, those two headed out on the back porch where I overhead Emma tell my dad, 'you are the best Papa George'. It was such a sweet moment for those two and one I am glad I was able to witness.


Trouble.


My dad was getting ready to take his Vespa out for a ride and Emma just couldn't help herself wanting to get on and learned how to honk the horn.


This may be my favorite picture ever of these three together.


When we got home from my parents house, Wes tested out this funny scooter thing that he picked up at a thrift stores - the girls thought he was hilarious :).


What, you don't want to wear a bear mask to attend sisters soccer practice?


The sweetest brown-doe-eyed bear I have ever seen :).


Mommy Emma Elsa thinks so too :).


We spent a lot of time in October going on nightly walks around our neighborhood - Emma would ride bikey bikey and Everly would lolly gag in her own world.  I just love to see their personalities unfold and for me there is no truer snapshot of their personalities than taking a walk with them - I know I gush a lot, but they really are just the best :).


October, thank you for being so good to us!

1 comment:

  1. Everly's shoe story is so sweet. What an angel.
    I love Emma's polka dot dress, Everly's purple romper and MOST OF ALL Everly's bear mask!!! Oh And Emma's Unicorn style. hilarious!

    ReplyDelete