After we had a small Christmas morning celebration at our house where we saw what Santa brought us, we headed over to my parents house to celebrate with my immediate family (mom/dad/sisters/husbands/babies). And celebrate we sure did, my mom had mimosa's ready to go (with a side of sippy cup ;)).
Theodore was looking festive in his Christmas jammies! I had envisioned getting all of the cousins together (there are only three) in their Christmas jammies and grabbing a picture of them looking all cute and at the camera- turns out amidst the chaos I didn't even try to corral those three munchkins.
But Theo and Adge sure do look cute together!
First up, at my parents house, is always secret Santa. We draw names at the coast, Adge always tries to figure out who has who and we exchange those presents first on Christmas morning. Adge got me again (this seems like this is the third or fourth year in a row) and normally I get her too, but this year I had Ally.
I opened my present first and had the cutest little blonde helper :). I got earrings and a scarf :).
Ally went next. I got her a french press and Starbucks giftcard.
Austin went after Ally and she got the Adele CD
and a cute coffee mug that she was pretty pleased about :) and also had a little blonde helper ;).
Adge went last, and I don't remember exactly but I think she got some kind of vita-mix that was delivered to her house in Denver.
Emma discovered that she loves orange juice when she gets to drink it out of a fancy glass- the rest of the morning I was worried that she was going to drink a real deal mimosa instead of just her orange juice.
Nonni-Emma snuggles :).
Closest I got to getting a picture of the cousins...
We ate a delicious breakfast; Austin found the Sara Lee coffee cakes we all adore this year so it seemed extra special :). Then, we got down to the present opening business. My mom hands out all the stockings first and Theo had a peek inside his discovering some new puffs!
Emma helped to pass out all of the stockings.
Ally's new puppy, Hatcher, even got a stocking!
The girls got busy opening their stockings to discover fruit snacks and wands to go with their tiarra's :).
Theodore went first since it was almost time for his morning nap and he got a new tee-ball set for when he is a little bit older :).
And lots of help opening up his sweater :).
I imagine he is thinking, 'it is tough being a boy and the youngest'. As we all know his stint as the baby is now over ;).
And a set of blocks from the girls :).
Theodore went down for his nap and then we spent the rest of the morning passing out presents and opening everything one by one so we can see what the other person got. This is always particularly fun for me because I have no ideas what my sisters asked for so I am always interested in seeing what struck their fancy that particular year. I think it is incredibly interesting that where we are in our lives reflects the presents on our wish list. Austin was definitely in baby mode where most of her presents revolved around things she wanted for the new baby, while Ally was in house decorating mode getting lots of new stuff for her house, Adge got cute clothes and I was a random mix with house decorations and stuff for me!
The girls (mainly Emma) enjoyed helping open everyone else's presents.
I love that the joy is in the unwrapping and she was so happy to see what everyone got.
Ally got some cute Pottery Barn pillow cases.
And then it was Emma's turn and the girl really went for it :).
With sweet Eberleah watching on.
To discover her singing Elsa doll :). I am not sure what Mom and Ally are cracking up about in the background, but I sure wish I knew ;).
Then, it was Evsie's turn and she totally got it this year.
And loved it!
I just love watching her go at her own Eberleah speed.
To discover another Peppa Toy!
She helped me open some new art :).
Oh, Evsie's I just love your pace.
The girl was so happy to get a new dress all her own! I have realized that I need to be better about buying Ev's new clothes too- since typically Emma gets all the new clothes and Ev's gets the hand-me-downs (I can literally now see the disappointment in her face if something arrives for Emma, but not for her :().
Austin and Craig gave Emma an Elsa towel with a hooded tiara.
Everly seized an opportunity when Emma wasn't looking and snuck a turn on the microphone singing 'Let It Go' with Elsa.
After presents, we headed outside to soak up the beautiful weather around the outdoor fire.
Where I gave my baby girl some extra snuggles!
Me and my girls and a Christmas morning fire :).
At that point, Ev's must have thought Em's orange juice looked pretty good so we went inside and made her her very own glass.
Which made this girl of mine pretty happy :).
Fire chit-chatting :).
Me and my guy and another successful Christmas.
Emma was quite attached to her Papa George on Christmas morning, choosing to hang out on his lap most of the time :).
I think this goes down as my post with the most smiley faces ever, but what can I say- I just love Christmas morning :). I imagine that our Christmas morning will look a little different next year (the girls have already asked if Snowflake and Santa will be able to find us in China), so we really took the opportunity to soak it all in and watch the magic unfold through our children's eyes.















































No comments:
Post a Comment