Monday, February 22, 2016

Emma's 4 Year Old Birthday Party

Really had no theme, but was rather made up of all of her random requests: a pink castle bounce house, balloons, pizza, vegetables (I was not to forget the broccoli) and a sprinkle cake.  All in all, it was the perfect Emma party- all of our friends and family were able to come making it a great way to host the last, large celebration at our house for awhile.

I started planning just a few weeks in advance and was able to whip up these invitations pretty quickly and picked them up from Walgreens the same night (cropped it for obvious reasons- to not show my address :)).


When the girls woke up on the big day, they were enamored with the decorations- immediately going for the party blowers.


The bounce house had been delivered the night before, but due to the noise, we told the girls that we couldn't blow it up until 8am.  Tough stuff for someone who has been dreaming about her birthday since Christmas.  So we got dressed instead (Emma, not Everly) and ate breakfast, until it was finally time to blow our castle up!  I had two eager girls waiting for that castle to blow up.


And they hopped right in to bounce their tails off :).


I just loved seeing her so happy just awaiting her 'big, fancy party' (her words, not mine!).


We ran in and out, Wes went to pick up the cake, I went to pick up the balloons and last minute supplies; but, I stopped to enjoy the moment with my big girl- us jumping together in the calm before the party started and it was just what both of us needed.  I sure do love this oldest girl of mine!


Meanwhile, Ev's loved picking berries for her berry soup.


Before the party, I ran in to grab a few snaps of the decorations.  I went with simple and everything you see here, I already had on hand.


I had dreamed of tying these balloons up in a couple of places around the house, but the birthday girl would hear none of that- she wanted them all tied to her chair so I just went with it.


Our Happy Day Emma sign completed the room :).


When Emma turned two, she would call it her happy day rather than her happy birthday so it has just kind of stuck.


The kitchen is my favorite place to decorate- we went ahead and hung all of the streamers that acted as worms during her three year old party up! She was involved in this part and loved telling Wes where to put everything!


We got her sprinkle cake from Leah's Sweet Treats and it was my absolute favorite- it was just so beautiful and girly and as an added bonus, I didn't have to make anything!



Emma wanted to put her own candles on the cake, and I don't think anyone would be shocked to hear that she lined them all up :).


What can I say, this girl loves a line!


We practiced counting...

And labeled ourselves officially four!!!!


So pretty :).



I tried to make the food fairly kid friendly and made up of Emma's favorites so we had popcorn, pretzels, chex mix, cheese cubes and veggies as snacks (pizza was the main course).


I used a few of my favorite pictures from Emma's photoshoot as background on the table.


And for the adults we had baked potato dip and corn dip- these were both eaten right up!


I took the good camera outside to get a few pictures of the girls and caught an almost-tippy-toe-crash.


Our littlest girl was having a blast bouncing all around too...


... this was her most of the day, a blur running around.


Baby Helena and Big Brother Baby Seodore (his new name) arrived first and a little bit early so that Theodore could check out the bounce house minus all the kiddos.  The birthday girl smooched up her newest cousin.


Before attacking her oldest cousin.


He just adores her kisses ;).


And is overwhelmed by her love!


Whew, daddy to the rescue!!  He took Seodore outside to check out the bouncing fun :).


Brent got this picture of these four and I am smitten- so much love between these three kiddos.


And Emma showed baby Theodore the ropes of the bounce house.  This was her about 90% of the day :).


Baby Connor was the next guest to arrive (also a little early so he could check out the bounce house before the big kids too!).


Don't worry, Connor- I would try to escape if someone was trying to eat my ear too ;).


And a big kiss with a smooshed cheek for the win :).


All of the party guests started to filter in at this point- Emma was pretty excited to greet everyone and open the door as many times as possible.


Love this picture of these two!!


Emma's bestie arrived and they had a ball jumping together.


Three school buddies :).


Emma helping baby M jump for the first time.  In case you are wondering all of my kiddo's friends have 'baby' in front of them because Emma and Everly are the two oldest of the groups (the kiddos range in age from 1 - 2 and then Helena is brand new, of course).  At some point we will have to drop the baby title, but to Emma and Everly- they are all considered babies.


I am not sure who took this picture, but it was on my phone and I kind of love it.  Craig's hands are full, but more so I am sure his heart is full of love for these two sweeties.


How I have always imagined my house, full of babies and family and friends that are like family!


My husband's family :).


A few more candid shots.



After pizza- somehow, I didn't get any pictures of the pizza eating, it was time for cake! Emma blowing her party horn as the cake is on it's way in.


Ahhhh, so many people that we love crowded around singing happy birthday to my sweet girl!



She was pretty excited when she first saw her cake!


She got a little shy during the middle of the singing putting her hand in front of her mouth.


Blowing kisses


before finally blowing all four of those candles out.


Mommy and daddy with their first born (and Everly's contribution blow the party horn in the middle left hand side of the picture).


Evsie's getting excited about the cake! And me trying to figure out how I was going to cut this thing.


I told her that she needed to smile if she wanted to open her presents- proof that she still has a bit of three-year-old in her ;).


Present opening was a bit chaotic and I didn't do a great job controlling it, but it is what it is.


Sister right there beside her checking everything out.


It is hard being two and watching your sister get all of the presents - I don't know exactly what this feels like, but I am sure Austin can relate ;).


I love this picture because my friend Steph was jotting everything down, Emma's friend was helping her and then there is Ev's right in the mix. Mass chaos.


One of her favorite presents- a new dress up dress.


Aunt Monica helping her put her happy birthday princess crown on.


The crowd watching her open her presents.



Baby Connors dad found him a pink party hat (which I think looks perfect on him!).


After present opening, some kids bounced, some kids played with Emma's new toys, Emma got dressed up in her princess dress and new high heels and we snapped a few pictures with Wes's family before the party wound down.

I really think this is what Emma and Everly will look like in several years (Celeste and Wes's sister and some of her baby pictures resemble Emma pretty strongly).


My sister-in-laws plus Cindy- I really lucked out with this family.


And last, but not least- Wes and his sisters :).  Love those three!!!


After everyone left, we begrudgingly rounded up the girls for naps and when we woke up had one last bounce session before eating leftover pizza for dinner.

I could tell that all day, Emma felt super special and thrived being at the center of attention (minus singing happy birthday) which was my goal all along.  Happy birthday, baby girl- we hope that this is your best year yet!

1 comment:

  1. I adore the picture of the girls watching the bounce house being blown up....so sweet.
    The pictures with her 'attacking' Theodore and Connor are always my favorites!
    #49 with her wide open mouth looking at the cake is my absolute favorite. It was such a sweet party and a fun day!! The only sad part was seeing your empty walls. Great celebration, mama!

    ReplyDelete