Thursday, February 18, 2016

Love Letter to Emma: Four Years


… I love that you have a wild imagination; you are always dreaming up new adventures for us to go on and telling us the funniest stories. You make us laugh on a daily basis.
… I love that your beautiful, sparkling blue eyes; they are so expressive and always concocting some sort of idea
… I love that you cried when we thought we lost Everly for a minute in Port Aransas; even though sometimes that love is buried, it’s moments like these that show us just how much you love your sister
… I love that you adore your nighttime routine with daddy; I especially love to hear you read through your book twice (and that you always tell us that you ‘will sleep by myself when I am as big as you guys’)
… I love that even though you are as rough and tumble as they come; you prefer to wear dresses every single day
… I love that what I wrote about you in your one-year-old love letter, is still true three years later; ‘I love that you could talk to a brick wall (and you sometimes do), just like your mommy’
… I love that you always have a plan and that plan always involves getting what you want; I definitely think this will pay dividends in the corporate environment one day
… I love that you have trouble pronouncing your s’s; some of my favorite words to hear you say are (s)nake, (s)pill, (s)mars (s’mores) and (s)wings
… I love watching you and Everly play mommy and baby, respectively; I especially love when you put your hand on her back and whisper, ‘don’t worry baby, mommy is right here.’
… I love watching you and baby Seodore and baby Helena together; you are so tender hearted and loving towards those sweet cousins of yours
… I love that every Sunday morning you ask me if we get to go to Nonni’s house today; it’s like you know it is our thing
… I love that even though you know the difference between pretend and real life, you choose to play pretend more often than not
… I love that you are learning your days of the week and what weekends mean (we all get to be together all day!); I especially love that you always ask ‘what are we going to do today’ first thing on Saturday morning
… I love that you want to see me every morning before I leave for work and that the minute I get home, you jump in my arms (after you have eagerly dug around in my backpack for your ‘prise)
… I love when you let me put your hair in a top knot; it is my favorite style for your wispy blonde hair
… I love that you love your grandparents like crazy
… I love that you are up for anything crafty; I am not super crafty, but you have pushed me out of my comfort zone to get involved in some crafts at home
… I love watching you splash at the water park; seriously, no greater joy than seeing you so happy the first time you conquered the red slide at the Fort Worth Zoo water park
… I love that you want to include me in all of your activities; I know this stage is fleeting and I am happy to be included
… I love that you are gaining more and more independence each day; sometimes I get a glimmer of what you will be like when you are older and I am so excited for this adventure to continue
… I love that you never say no (and often beg) for time at the park; the (s)lides and (s)wings are your favorite
… I love watching you learn soccer; it was challenging, but oh so rewarding to see you play your first team sport
… I love that you are not afraid of anything; you are the bravest girl I know
… I love to watch the excitement build about your birthday; you are definitely my child :). You enjoy all of it, the anticipation, the birthday party, the actual birthday and the aftermath of all of the presents
… I love that every time you fall down, you pick yourself right back up
… I love that you mastered your balance bike this year; you love to take ‘bikey bike’ on all of our evening walks
… I love watching you and your sister pick berries off the bushes and then making us berry soup for dinner
… I love that you are a good eater (vegetables included); I also love that we can call any kind of ground beef ‘sausage’ and you will eat it right up
... I love that you love to help out with tasks; planting flowers and washing cars with Papa George and helping Nonni put away the silverware are some of your favorite ways to help
... I love watching you at bath time; the games that you and your sister come up with are my favorite (although, when you insist on taking a shower it drives me crazy ;))
... I love to listen to your laugh; it is vivacious and full of pure, innocent joy
... I love that the minute you walk into the house, you take your clothes off immediately and just enjoy running around in your 'panchies'
... I love that you made me a mommy, that you will always be my first baby and that I get to love on you every single day

2 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest post - so much love! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet post! I love that she 'includes' you and that adorable top knot!! :)

    ReplyDelete