Friday, June 12, 2015

May Little Things (Part 1)

As I sit in my hotel room in China, crafting this blog post about all of the little things that we did in May- it really just puts a smile on my face! I really try to take in all of the little things in our lives (hence, these posts) because I know one day I will look back and these will be the big things :). They will be what make us, us and I love that :). 

To start, after Theodore's Baptism and party, we headed over to Bass Pro Shop to look around since we were in the area.  I love when the girls sit in side-by-side in rocking chairs- I have fantasies that they are doing this when they are 90 years old once their husbands have put them in the same nursing home (am I the only one that thinks like this?).


Evsie's was copying big sister Emma hanging onto the shopping cart from behind and I just loved that all you could see was her big brown eyes peeking over!


Ev's loved watching the fish :).


And Em's loved getting eaten by a bear!


If one of them gets up on one of our necks, the other one always wants up as well :), these two are peas in a pod!


On Sunday afternoon, my dad and I went to Starbucks happy hour and had Smore's Frappacinos!


And we put them on his Vespa so we could take a selfie :).  Dad, just wait until you see my new selfie stick I picked up in China!


One work night, Wes made the best best pizza a girl could ask for; there were mushrooms, rotisserie chicken, corn, garlic, jalapeno's, pesto sauce and best of all goat and mozzarella cheese! He really outdid himself with this concoction :).


The early morning sunsets on the way to work were fabulous during the month of May.


The squealing and squawking I talked about in Everly's monthly post; yes, this is what it looks like! Semi-adorable, no?


Emma has been really into hide-and-seek lately which is just hilarious! She tells us where she is hiding! I will say something like 'Where, oh where could Emma be?' and as I am walking the other direction, she pipes up 'Mom, I'm over here!'. Of course, sweet Eberleah is always by Emma's side :).


I think I probably shared this during my sleeping Eberleah post, but there is nothing that makes me happier than seeing my girl asleep in her crib with her frog legs, bunny rabbits and snow hat surrounding her :).


Yay for another Saturday! Kissing selfies super early in the morning!


Later that morning, we went over to my parents house so I could look at a dress that my mom is planning on wearing to Ally's wedding and Emma insisted on wearing her winter coat. As you can tell by the outfits that Eberleah and I were wearing, clearly no winter coats were required ;).


I was having my mom and dad take some pictures of me and Everly and Emma insisted on standing by us- the girl that typically says 'no photos, please' so I just laughed and we rolled with it.


Nonni got her some ice cream and then proceeded to give her a friendly elbow!


Love this picture of these two :).


The smile on her shirt matches the smile on her face.


We went inside and colored for a bit; my poor mom had to follow all of Emma's very strict coloring instructions :).


I enlisted Wes to help me get some smiling pictures for Everly's 21 month blog post and these two were hamming it up :).


Playing round after round of peek-a-boo!



Over the last couple of months, the girls have spent hours running their bikes and toys down our driveway.  While it has made for a few tense moments, they enjoy it so much that we just run with it (despite the potential dangers).


Those bloomies. And squishy toddler legs.


This girl is a safety first kind of girl. She has really mastered riding her balance bike, but prefers to use the dog leash as her seat belt :). This girl makes me smile through and through.


Stayed tuned for part 2!

2 comments:

  1. 1. Yes, you are the only one that thinks of your daughters in a nursing home. hahha.
    2. I'm ADDICTED to the S'mores frappucino and I don't even like coffee
    3. I want to be ADDICTED to that pizza
    4. I love how Everly is holding onto her crib while sleeping
    5. You look beautiful in the pics in your parent's yard.
    6. Dogleash belt = starting a new trend. hahahahah Shes an original!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she is an original and you are the best!!! I will get Wes to make the pizza the next time you come over :)

      Delete