Saturday, June 6, 2015

Everly at 22 Months


… is officially weaned (right after she turned 21 months old).  This has been a much easier transition for both of us than I originally thought; emotionally and physically. Emotionally, there are times I miss it, but I just look back at pictures and remind myself that for the first time in 4 years I am unattached (either pregnant or nursing). Physically, there was a tiny bit of pain for me- but I conducted the cabbage leave experiment and it worked out well ;). This girl is also still sleeping in her crib and through the night, most nights. Occasionally she likes to throw us a curve ball and wake up, which I always associate with teething ;).
… squeals loudly when something does not go her way; the squealing is equal parts endearing and annoying (although Wes would say it sways more on the annoying side ;)).  Since she is approaching two, you can probably imagine how many times she squeals a day!
… greets me with the biggest ‘hi mommy!’ quickly followed by ‘prize?’ when I get home from work every afternoon J.  This is my favorite and my least favorite part of the day- the girls are so excited to see me, but they both want to be held and have all of my attention! I try to balance, even sometimes, trying to hold both of them, but always end up feeling like I am failing one/both of them simultaneously.
… the girls are on an ‘Elsa’ kick right now, and Eberleah has started to try to sing ‘let it go’ along with big sister Emma and it might be my favorite; she really kind of shouts ‘it go!’ in a kind of singy-songy voice.  I can already tell that both of the girls inherited the Prochaska voice J, lucky them.


… now knows three colors; bloo, orange and black.  Although blue is still her tried and true favorite color, she will say orange quite frequently.  She still doesn’t get it all right all the time or even half the time.  Her favorite number is two; I think this is because she wants two snacks of everything.  If we hand her one cracker, she immediately pipes in saying ‘two!’.
… picked out her first pair of flip flops this month; we were at Old Navy and Emma really wanted a pair (even though it breaks my we will just have toms/moccs philosophy) so we said yes. Eberleah said she wanted ‘bloo’ flip flops, so Wes got those for her and helped her try them on. A few minutes later, Emma had settled on red flip flops (no one was surprised by that ;)) and all of the sudden Everly had to have red flip flops too- the imitation game even at such a young age, is fascinating to me.
… is a pretty good sharer with big sister Emma (she is much better at sharing with Emma than Emma is at sharing with her); however, she has this funny habit. When she shares with Emma, we always remind Emma to say ‘thank you for sharing’ and Everly always responds back ‘tank tyou’ rather than ‘you’re welcome’.
… her speech is blossoming every day; I am not sure how many words she can say, but I would say she can fully communicate all of her needs. One of my favorite things that she says is ‘boom’ after giving a high five. Her daddy taught her this and I just melt every time I hear the sweetest little ‘boom!’.


… can ride her bike and car around the house with efficiency wheeling herself from one room to another in the blink of an eye. Even though she can wheel herself around, she squeals with delight when Emma gives her a fast push!
… is getting more and more teeth by the day. Ok, that is a little bit of an exaggeration, but now she has three top teeth, three bottom teeth and all four of her one year molars! She won’t have a full mouth of the teeth by the time she is two, but she has been moving at rapid pace over the last month gaining three teeth! Go Everly, go!
… likes to insist on powder and panties during almost every single diaper change.  It is funny and sad to me that she went right to saying panties, rather than ‘panchies’, but hopefully her desire to wear panties will make potty training a breeze! A momma can hope, right?!?
… is my biggest snuggle bug and a total momma’s girl (at least from my perspective of the world ;)).  She gives the biggest and best hugs wrapping both of her hands rightly around my neck and giving me a big squeeze. When in the right mood, she will also give me the sweetest and best Eberleah kisses while making the smooching sound. This girl is just the best and we love her to pieces.

2 comments:

  1. Stop!! She looks like a teenager in the first picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I need my baby to stop growing up!!

      Delete