… slept through the night on 2/2 for the first time in her
life! And followed it up with several more nights where she slept through the
night during the month. I am so thankful for this milestone- it has been a long
time in the making. I didn’t think I could love her more, but the first night
that she slept through the night I loved that little munchkin more than ever the
next morning :).
… is still rocking the jack-o-lantern four tooth smile, but
much to my surprise, after two super cranky days filled with lots and lots of
nursing and sad, droopy eyes while we were on vacation; I looked back there and
saw her first 1 year old molar had come in!
… still nurses up a storm. She had gotten down to once
before bed and once in the morning (I refer to it as her morning coffee,
girlfriend is in a terrible mood until she has her morning milk), but with the
new molar, she started nursing several times a day. As soon as we got home, I
started breaking her of her nighttime habit, but we still have a little ways
ago to get back to just two times a day.
… has a funny habit where she likes to grab a piece of
toilet paper and sit on the little potty. She has yet to go, but she is so
pleased with herself for trying and gets the biggest smile on her face while
saying ‘potty’.
… is still obsessed with baby dolls and loves to give them
smooches. I love that she loves her babies. I almost never see her at home
without a baby doll in her possession (unless Emma has hid all of them from her
;)).
… has a few favorite words that mainly consist of no, me and
mine and my favorite 'ay nay nay' (another one). She literally says no, 100 times a
day. We are trying to break her of this habit; Emma often reminds her that ‘we
are a yes family’ and we try to think of creative ways to distract her or tell
her not to say that word, but day after day she spits out the sweetest, shyest
little ‘no’s’ all day long.
… in regards to talking, said ‘uve you’ for the first time
this month! This is one of my favorite things to hear my babies say! She said
it the first night of vacation and all of us were so proud of our little girl
and we think she was pretty proud of herself too! Lots of love for this baby of
ours!
… calls Emma, Emmy and when she does this my heart explodes
into a million little pieces. I love this nickname that Everly has for her
sister. On a similar note, we are
starting to see the girls play more and more together (not always nicely, of
course, but at least together) and I just love to think of the relationship they are building. I love
having sisters and I know they will love having each other as well.
… likes to have bows put in her hair! If she sees a bow out,
she will oftentimes bring it to me or Wes and say ‘bow, on’ and is not happy
until we put it in her hair! Since bows are such a struggle with Emma, I am
really relishing in Eberleah’s enthusiasm towards bows!
… has started to not like baths. This has come somewhat out
of the blue. She will play for about two minutes and then as I am washing her,
she will cry and cry and get out immediately and go downstairs with Wes while I
finish up Emma’s bath. I hope this is a factor of the weather (with it being so
cold outside) rather than a new, constant dislike. Bath time with the girls has
always been one of my favorite things :).
… calls her stuffed animals by the noise that they make
rather than the animal itself; for instance she calls her horse, ‘neigh neigh’
and calls her cow, ‘moo’. I just love this about her.
… on a similar note, this girl loves animals. I don’t know
how we ended up with two animal lovers, but she loves going to the zoo,
petting zoos or just randomly running into animals.
… has a feisty little personality developing. She
will aggravate Emma on purpose, oftentimes pulling her hair. We are trying to
teach her that this is not the best way to cope with her frustration, but we haven’t
gotten very far yet ;).
… has developed a serious love for cinnamon rolls. We haven’t been having them every Saturday
morning lately, more like twice a month, but it is so funny to watch how antsy
she gets while they are cooking! She does not understand that they have to cook
and will stand by the oven, with the oven light on, pacing back and forth saying
some version of ‘me’ or ‘mine’ until I decide it is cooked enough for her and
get hers out and make it for her.
… in general, has really started to warm up to others. She is particularly fond of my dad and Wes’s
dad. On our trip, the first thing she
would do every morning is ask ‘where Papa?’ and she would not be satisfied
until she found him. Also, she loves to play peek-a-boo with Papa George.
… rocked her second vacation, first family vacation (we took
her to Seattle alone when she was 10 months old), she was so good in the car
ride down there and seemed to thoroughly enjoying running around Disney World
the first few days before the aforementioned crankiness associated with her
first molar.
… is soo soo cute. I know that I am obviously biased, but
this month in particular, I have just been blown away with her cuteness :) and pigtails :). It is probably because
she knows how to sleep through the night ;).



No comments:
Post a Comment