Friday, February 6, 2015

Girls Girls Girls

It was a rare occasion: my husband went out of town (without me!) and so the girls and I got to have ourselves a girly weekend filled with all the things we love: Chick-fil-a, time with Aust, more Chick-fil-a, the park, triple naps, Mickey Mouse episodes all snuggled up on the couch under a pile of blankets, the zoo!, and another nap before dad got home! Wes left on Thursday night, so I took the girls to Chick-fil-a to split a kids meal. It started out promising in the parking lot. Emma was doing her best to make sure Eberleah did not get run over :).


But, it was quite chaotic when we set down to eat! Especially with a toddler who does not prefer to sit in her high chair ;).


They did much better when it was time to play play play.


They were quite exhausted when we left and the sweet man that works at our Chick-fil-a helped me out to my car (I think he was feeling for me since Everly literally just sat down in the parking lot because she was not ready to leave; that and the fact that Emma had put Ev's gold moccs on so she was barefoot); I will forever be eternally grateful for his help!  When we got home, we snuggled up and watched some Mickey Mouse before heading upstairs to bed.  We all slept in our master bedroom which made for an interesting chaotic night. Suffice to say, I was glad to see it was morning when the sun came up!


Bright and early, we headed over to Austin's house to hang out with her and baby Theodore. Emma was practicing taking 'hims' picture :). Everly was testing out his toys :).


Since I had dressed us all in coordinating outfits, I wanted to try to get some pictures :).  This is what we started out with, so I was a little worried ;).


It quickly turned into a leaf throwing fest which I was  more than ok with and encouraged. The fits of laughter is just what we all needed. Love how I caught her sticking her tongue out in concentration :).


Oh, hi! Sweet Everly!!


Attack of the Emma :).


And then, I got my first pictures of the coveted fourth tooth! It's just so shiny and bright and I think she looks like a spitting image of Emma in these pictures :).



Typical Emma, dirt in her mouth and looking quite mischievous but also quite adorable!


And then they finally decided to lay next to each other and act ridiculously cute :).



After we have exhausted all of our playing options at Austin's house; our car headed for the park while Aust went to go pick up Chick-fil-a for us :).  Love seeing them run out all of their energy to their hearts content!!


We found some picnic benches to eat lunch on and Emma and Austin were acting silly and goofy ;) and were practicing Emma saying "because I'm almost three!".  A random side note, that has absolutely nothing to do with girls weekend, Emma has insisted more than one time (ok, every single time) that she is going to be five! on her happy day. So it is really important that we are working on the fact that she is going to be three!!


Jumping all over the picnic benches :).


I can see us coming here for years to come (the park is halfway between Austin's house and our house) and it has so much space so it was fun to check it out! Ev's has gotten so brave; climbing up stairs and sliding down all by herself!!


Then, it was time for a top knot for Emma and the swings! Check out how long Ev's legs are!!


I just adore her. And I love that the swings are still her favorite park activity; it reminds me that she is still little!


Not sure what she is doing here other than riding the ant and giving her sweet, sheepish grin :).


Eberleah was a hot mess by this point in the day! We packed up and said our goodbyes to Austin and baby Theodore.


It was a struggle to keep the girls awake until we got home, but so so worth it. A triple nap for us.


Friday night, we just hung out at home, had baths and worked on a few cleaning projects.  We all slept much better the second night and were rearing to go on Saturday.  I was so proud of myself for taking both girls to the zoo by myself the next morning!  This girl just loves running everywhere and definitely views it as a treat when she gets to not be in her stroller!!


In my humble opinion, Emma was looking ridiculously cute this day ;).


I love how she always gives her best 100% effort when smooching Eberleah. Hands around the head and everything!


Would you believe that Everly was pointing to the cardboard cutout of the elephant and not the real deal, because that is what was happening. Such enthusiasm from our littlest family member!!


I don't have enough good words to say about this girl. She has my heart!


Sister love at the alligator tank.


I wish there had been better light, but we moved inside to get a closer look at the alligator and Emma got up close to the window and it started moving toward her, such a sight to see! She was terrified!! She kept telling everyone that would come by that she wanted a little alligator to live at her house.


We did it!! We survived a trip to the zoo by ourselves!! I am not saying I would do this every time, but I am glad to know it was manageable.


On our way out we stopped at the park benches for a snack. When I was looking through my pictures, this one stopped me in my tracks and I just kept coming back to it over and over again. She has been looking so grown up to me lately, that I love when I look at her from this angle, she still very much looks like my baby; I think its the cheeks and the way her lips are half smiling, but I just love it!!


Everly was more than a little pleased that Emma shared her fruit snacks with her. Big deal in Eberleah world ;).


And then back to looking like my grown up child!!


Everly fell asleep on the drive home, there was just no keeping her awake- girlfriend was so tired. While she finished her nap in the car, I fulfilled Emma's winter wish for snow.


We just played and tried to clean up a little before heading to the airport to pick up daddy! On the way, I had to go to the restroom so badly and both girls were sleeping, so I stopped by Austin's house to use her facilities and give Theodore a smooch (he was super happy to see me, no?).


Both girls were still asleep when we picked up Wes, but as soon as we got to Chick-fil-a (I know, again!), Everly just kept looking at him, smiling and saying "dada" over and over again!


It was so good to be reunited!!!  We missed Wes like crazy, but it was fun to have a girls weekend too :).

No comments:

Post a Comment