Tuesday, August 27, 2013

New Baby

And for once, I am not talking about Everly.  I started my maternity leave on my due date which left us with two weekdays before Everly's arrival.  On Friday morning, at 40 weeks and 1 day pregnant, we decided to head to the zoo to see the new baby elephant, Belle (and ohmygoodness, baby Belle was adorable and precious and made me long for my little one to arrive).  We stopped at Starbucks on our way to the zoo- I figured a little caffeine might make my own baby come- no dice.

It was raining pretty hard when we got there and we debated whether we should even go or not, but we just decided to go for it.  Daddy and Emma braving the rain.


Emma's favorite animal noise to make is the elephant- so we knew she would be excited to see one!


Mommy and Emma :).


The baby was hiding behind her mamma at first (you can see her right there in the middle- she looks like a fifth leg).


But then she came out to play!


She was so itty bitty in person- truly amazing!


My favorite moment was watching her nurse- I just couldn't wait for Everly to be born so I could be nursing her :).  It was one of those little heart melting moments.


The rain had stopped and Wes had gone out to the car to get our "real" camera.  Emma was holding onto me pretty tight when he got back- it was like she knew that in a few days she wouldn't be the only baby anymore ;).


After that we headed over to the reptile exhibit so Emma could see the fish in the aquarium.


Emma was pretty nervous, but she also "petted" a snake.  Here is Wes showing her the ropes.


I didn't catch the actual moment on my phone, but she touched the snake right before I took this picture.


After that- we headed home in order for Emma and I to take naps.  It was a great day spent as a family of three before welcoming our very own new baby a few days later.

1 comment: