Friday, August 2, 2013

Mixing/Matching Patterns

Have any of you seen the new (or at least new to me) trend of Instagram shopping?  At first, I was enticed by all of these cute outfit pairings.  Then, I realized that these moms were going to Baby Gap, getting 40% off the clearance price and then selling the items to you at the clearance price.  Of course, they need to be compensated for their time and shipping, but I thought I could do this myself.  It was really the first time that I started thinking about mixing and matching patterns.  I mean when else am I going to be able to put Emma in "mis-matched" outfits and still get compliments on her outfit!?!?  Here is some of what I have been trying out- am I on the right track or is this a little too over the top?

Grey elephant leggings (Old Navy) and striped tee (Gap):


Black and white patterned leggings (Old Navy) and coral tank top with butterflies (Old Navy): 


Blue and white striped leggings (Old Navy) and floral top (thrifted).  When I asked Emma to pose- she asked me to put the diaper on her head, so I agreed :).


Then, yesterday, Emma wanted to mix and match some patterns and seasons on her own.  She went for the tank top/diaper/fur boots (in August) look:


I have a feeling that Emma and Everly will be living in patterned leggings this fall :).  

1 comment:

  1. I love these outfits!! The flower shirt and striped pants is perfect!

    ReplyDelete