Wednesday, August 28, 2013

1st Bottle

So far, all of Everly's firsts are just as exciting to me as Emma's- and that was no exception when it came time for Everly to have her first bottle.  Emma had her first bottle at exactly 2 weeks old- the pediatrician told us we could go for it, so we just decided to go for it.  I wasn't really planning on Everly having her first bottle that early, but due to my mole removal surgery we knew that moment would come sooner rather than later.  So at 2 weeks and 2 days we decided to prepare Everly for my day of pumping and dumping.  It was a sad, bittersweet moment for me as a breastfeeding mommy so of course I made Wes give Everly her first bottle.


I pumped the bottle to order so it would be the same temperature she was used too- she fussed around with it for a little bit and then took it like a champ.


Of course, Everly cant do anything by herself without her other half looking on bothering her.


And just like that, we were all set for our day of pumping and dumping :).


In case you were wondering, Everly did fine on the pumping and dumping day; I, on the other hand, shed a few tears the first time I dumped 8 perfectly good ounces of breast milk down the drain.  I am happy to report that Everly latched right back on the following morning and our breastfeeding journey to date has been smooth.  Now, I feel like I should go knock on some wood :).  

No comments:

Post a Comment