Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Emma: 17 Months
Skills: I have been struggling with writing this post- 17 months was not a huge month developmental wise and was kind of a blur since it was the end of my pregnancy. 18 months is a whole different ball game- she spent two nights away from me and I feel like she came back with a whole new vocabulary. But we will focus on 17 months for now :). I try to take notes on my iPhone throughout the month and the funniest thing that I wrote down that she said is "I will be right back, daddy" while pointing to him. This was hilarious. I didn't realize what she was saying at first, but once Wes told me that he always says this to Emma while shaking his finger at her. She would say this to Wes and then run into the other room screeching because she thought she was so funny.
Likes: she likes the pool this month! I am so happy to say that my baby is no longer deathly afraid of the pool and will actually willingly go in the pool by herself. Also, when asked if she wants to go swimming, she says yes. We have been putting a swim diaper on her late in the afternoon and just letting her splash around on the steps- twice, she even reached out for me to go in the big pool. In addition, Emma loves bath time. She shrieks and runs towards the stairs anytime we ask her if she wants a bath. She still consistently likes strawberries, eggs and cheese although she will try most things that we give her for dinner.
Struggles: our biggest struggle is getting Emma to sit still at a restaurant. It really is a case by case basis and one that we cant predict. I have a feeling that we will discontinue eating out with Emma for the foreseeable future because it is just to unpredictable and embarrassing when she throws a fit. That being said, the other thing we are struggling with is tantrums. Emma bit me for the first time this month- in her defense, she didn't really know what she was doing, but we are still trying to teach her that this is wrong. This also goes for throwing her plate of food on the floor, kicking her legs and hitting. Oh the toddler years have already proven to be a little trying :/.
Miscellaneous: Emma is still wearing size three diapers and fitting into 12 - 18 month clothing. At the end of 17 months, she has seven teeth and two molars. She gives the best kisses (mostly on command) and when she is in the mood, she will give kisses over and over. She loves to chase balls, pull out every toy she owns and read books. Her wispy blonde hair is starting to fill in and she still has the best sparkling blue eyes. We love this kiddo to the moon and back and enjoyed spending her 17th month with her as her last month of being an only child.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment