Friday, August 23, 2013

I Became THAT Mom


... you know the one that tries out different pacifiers just to see if her baby will take one.  Yes, I really never thought I would even have to become that mom.  With Emma, we registered for NUK pacifiers, that is what we were gifted and she took it flawlessly.  When we were preparing for Everly, I stocked up on some new 0 - 6 month NUK pacifiers.  Imagine my surprise at the hospital when Everly wanted nothing and I mean NOTHING to do with the pacifier.  I thought all kids liked pacifiers and it never crossed my mind that she wouldn't take the NUK pacifier.  After three weeks of failed attempts at taking the pacifier, Wes researched pacifiers and we headed to Target just to buy the soothie pacifier- it is supposed to mimic breastfeeding the best.  I anxiously waited until Everly woke up once we got home to see what the verdict would be.


Spoiler alert- she didn't love it, but she does take it.  And, she gets really frustrated when it falls out of her mouth which happens about every 20 seconds to five minutes.  So the pacifier saga continues.  Some people have asked me why I want her to take a pacifier so badly- the thing is I want something that will soothe her that is not breastfeeding.  A pacifier is what worked for Emma so I just assumed this will work for Everly too.  I feed Everly around the clock during the day and I know she is not hungry some of the times, but it is the only thing that will soothe her.  Baby girl needs another soothing mechanism :).


On a happier note, on the same Target trip, I bought Everly her first piece of clothing that is just for her (i.e. not a hand me down).  Another spoiler alert- this cute outfit cost less than the pacifier experiment ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment