Have I mentioned on the blog that Everly is obsessed with hedgehogs? I don't think I have (maybe just hinted), but a few months back she got a stuffed hedgehog and she has loved that little stuffed animal to pieces. When looking up things to do in Tokyo, Wes (being an awesome daddy) found a hedgehog cafe. He sent me a message about it and I was all in - I knew it would make Ev's happy, but what I didn't know is just how happy it would make Emma too :).
^ after Tokyo Tower, we hopped back on the subway (much more confident in our skills at this point) and made our way to Roppongi Hills. once there, we got completely lost and stopped by a police station to ask for directions. this is where we met the nicest person ever (that barely spoke any English), but took us around until we located the place - no lie, he spent a good 15 minutes with us and is one of the nicest people that we have ever met on vacation. ^
^ we arrived about an hour early and so while we were lost, I had spotted a Chipotle type place so we headed back to find it. ^
^ it tasted so good (not quite as good as Chipotle, but better than China), the margarita was great - we scarfed it all up and Emma loved the chips and guacamole :), Ev's did not eat per usual (she normally just snacks on whatever we bring with us). ^
^ on the way back to the hedgehog cafe, we ran into a bakery and decided to try out some things - the chocolate muffin top was our favorite :) ^
^ waiting outside for our turn, hedgehog in hand ;) ^
^ there was also a bunny cafe! ^
^ the look the moment she was holding a hedgehog for the first time ^
^ this might be one of the sweetest experiences :) ^
^ blurry, but this shows just how happy she was!! ^
^ these hedgehogs were taking a break from being held ^
^ those painted finger nails and little hedgehogs ^
^ can you tell which is my gentle child and which is my rough and tumble child ;) ^
^ I was literally gasping, ohhhhing and awwwwing the whole time we were there. ^
^ Emma's expression is the best ^
^ a horrible picture of me, but Emma took it (Wes ended up having to stay outside because it said the girls were free on the brochure when he booked it, but turned out that meant we only had two seats and so he gave his seat to the girls, obviously, and I convinced them to let me stay in there because the girls are so young). ^
^ outside, afterwards, the girls were feeling very lovey dovey towards each other :), maybe I should buy them a hedgehog for a pet? ^
^ the hedgehog that started it all ^
^ we would do just about anything for these two girls happiness :) ^
^ after the hedgehog cafe, it was windy and cold and we decided enough was enough (we were originally going to go to a park) - we grabbed McDonald's and headed back to the room to watch the sunset and take the girls for a swim indoors. I think part of traveling with little ones is knowing their (and your) limits and we made the best decision for our family. ^
^ can you believe this is right outside our hotel window?? ^
^ these two were in need of some downtime. ^
^ their watermelon swimsuits for this year are my favorites :) ^
^ in bed by 7:30 pm ^





































How does emma take herself seriously in that bow? It's hilarious. Bummer that Wes didn't get to go in with y'all.
ReplyDeleteI love it that Emma is still wearing the Cinderella headband. I guess if I had one, I'd wear it all day too. Looks like a lot of fun and glad you got to eat some better than China food.
ReplyDeleteThis looks so sweet!!!! I think if you're going to have a pet - a hedgehog is s good choice!
ReplyDelete