Friday, May 12, 2017

Tokyo | Fish Market

We had one more full day of exploring in front of us before heading back to Chengdu (this is Sunday now, in case you have lost track).  We intended to make the most of the day, the only problem? There was rain in the forecast the whole day and what is worse than rain when travelling with two toddlers? Cold rain!!! We persevered though and headed out with our itinerary and subway stops in hand :).

^ mornings are better when they start off with coffee ^
^ our first stop was the Tsjuki fish market!! ^
^ the sights and sounds were glorious to my sushi loving self ^
^ $10 for a package of strawberries (and I thought the prices in China were high ;)) ^ 
^ but $50 for a package of white strawberries, needless to say - we did not try these ^
^ this really nice girl stopped and asked if she could take a family picture for us - yes, please ^
^ the vendors all had the fish head out from the fish they were serving for that day - I thought that was a neat touch ^
^ however, the fish head frightened our poor girl! ^
^ my first sushi from the fish market ^
^ I was a happy momma eating sushi for breakfast :) ^
^ I decided to go ahead and try this for breakfast as well - it was delish ^
^ the ginormous scallop was the real winner.  after browsing a bit more (and the girls had all the fish smells they could stand), we decided to make our way to the next stop just as the rain decided to really start pouring.  ^

1 comment:

  1. I adore that family photo!!! Love the market and umbrellas and rain boots ;)

    ReplyDelete