Thursday, May 18, 2017

April Little Things | Part I

April went by super fast - anyone else?  Here are a few things that we were up to that take us to Easter (mid way through April).

^ Saturday morning Starbucks run ^
^ she requested a date with dad... so they moved to these chairs while Emma and I remained at the table, right beside them ;) ^
^ Emma wrote her first note to Nonni ^
^ Everly is obsessed with these elephants outside the Starbucks ^
^ took a picture of what Everly wants for her birthday (side note, I just do not understand Barbies - I can get on board with the princess obsession, but Barbies I can definitely do without).  and, yes, Emma wears her Cinderella headband frequently ;). ^
^ evening bike rides ^
^ a trip to the playground to test out their new bubbles ^

^ childhood summed up perfectly.  also, Ev's is sporting a candy necklace so I am assuming that we went to Ikea, but I suppose it didn't merit taking any pictures :). ^
^ I had this pile of noodles with my work team one day for lunch and it is my most favorite Chinese food I have eaten in China. ^
^ while I was at lunch, Wes sent me this picture with a few messages that he had fallen asleep and Everly had gotten into his electric razor and shaved her head.  you guys, I was trying to remain CALM, but I was FREAKING OUT on the inside.  what? how? why? I knew she got into stuff, but normally Emma's stuff ;). turns out it was just a joke and he photoshopped the picture.  whew.  I am not sure I have ever been so relieved. ^
^ Ev's still likes lining up all of her stuffed animals ^

^ a few of my favorite lunch bags that Wes made for Everly this month ^

^ I was trying to capture how cute I thought Emma looked this particular night (a lot like her Nonni, in my opinion) and this was the best I could get - her high ponytail was spot on. ^
^ Friday night shenanigans on out back porch just showing off our muscles ^
^ so strong! ^
^ could she be any cuter?? ^
^ girls picture before our bike ride ^
^ Emma still loves loves loves her balance bike - while she rides her red bike a fair amount, this will always be her go to when she wants to go really fast. ^
^ the next day I recorded a day in our life (and this was my favorite picture - I am thinking about getting a watercolor sketch, what do you think?)
^ the next day, Emma wanted a picture to record her curly hair ^
^ Ev's is so fast on her scooter - we are constantly having trying to get her to slow down. ^
^ we had an outdoor picnic for lunch before heading inside to take naps ^
^ then we got fully decked out for a birthday party!!! my girls always like to show up in style ;).  just as a p.s. sometimes I feel a bit silly allowing the girls to wear their princess dresses (and that hair!) out and about but some seasoned moms have been giving me some advice here in China and I have just really tried to not let it bother me.  it makes them so happy and in the grand scheme of things is it really a big deal that they wear them out and about - not really! I am choosing the mantra, 'let them be little' because already I can see how fast they are growing right before my very eyes.
^ party food! ^
^ birthday cake!!! ^
^ our first watermelon of the season - Wes picked out a good one! ^
^ I told them they looked alike! ^
^ we have spent lots of time at our local playground in the evenings once the sun starts to set a bit - have I said this already, I love this time of year in China. ^
^ trying to make a slide train on a rare, quiet night at the playground. ^
^ one Friday evening, I had a work offsite meeting that included dinner - Wes texted me this picture, two princesses and 'dad's famous popcorn' (p.s. Wes has gotten so good at making popcorn in just a pot). ^
^ the next morning, we were up bright and early to head to Luxelakes playground. ^
^ her smile and outfit were on point. ^
^ that smile when she found a centipede/caterpillar ^
^ she likes to study things ^
^ those pigtails ^
^ Emma is just as obsessed as ever with animals/bugs/creatures. ^
^ this girl loves to jump (especially when no one is bouncing her around on her trampoline) ^
^ she insisted on catching me as I came down the slide ^
^ I was in good hands ^
^ I love watching her play - running without a care in the world (except maybe when is going to be her next trip to the candy store ;)). ^
^ finding her own style. ^
^ Chinese translation to English can be so funny! ^
^ wheeeeee! ^
^ I loved this tree! ^
^ that afternoon for lunch we went to the Global Center (what the girls affectionately refer to as the boat) and we were surprised with the nicest hand written notes on our coffees! ^
^ Wes found and ordered fresh jalapeños - man how we have been missing these things. ^
 
^ this was our morning view several mornings in April - man, were we happy to see this!! The first half of April was off to a great start!! ^

3 comments:

  1. Get the watercolor sketch. Let them wear their princess dresses they are little for such a short amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the floral matching dresses and the watercolor dresses. Party food looks amazing! They will look back at these photos and will be so happy that you let them dress up. Who doesn't like to dress up as a princess every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching you let them be little. And that hair makes my day! Everlys camera outfit is precious and EE looks like a teeenager in her last picture! I LOVE their individual styles.

    ReplyDelete