Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Tokyo | Cherry Blossoms

We were not soaking wet yet at this point, so I decided that we should push forward and go to Shinjuku Gyoen park in order to scope out some cherry blossoms... this may have been the worst decision of the entire trip ;).  When we got to the entrance the rain had picked up a bit and even the lady that checked our bags pointed up to the sky and looked at us and said rain.  And we said yes, we know, we want to check it out anyways :).  If the rain coming down was not our first clue, maybe this should have been? Here are a few pictures if you would like to see.

^ clearly happy to be taking her picture ^
^ I was so excited to be seeing a real cherry blossom tree in Japan ^
^ however, we were both thinking, what did we get ourselves into? ^
^ I think this park would have been gorgeous to walk around if it was not raining ^


^ puddle jumping ^
^ we found a different type of cherry blossom ^
^ me: 'girls just one more picture and I promise we will leave.' ^

^ girls (were probably thinking): 'mom this is miserable, get us out of here already.' ^
^ so pretty, even in the rain ^
^ love that he is always up for my crazy ideas! ^
^ back in the subway station, with the look on our face that reads, we survived :). ^
^ on the subway ride back, Evsie's fell asleep and Wes, Emma and I ate a Ramen shop nearby our hotel and then headed back to the hotel to dry off and warm up - the girls convinced me to take them swimming after awhile.  
^ I love watching these two swim! ^
^ tablet time before bed, looking like little teenagers. ^

The next morning, it was more of the same - cold rain, so instead of heading to a park we decided to eat breakfast at the hotel and more swimming before heading to the airport and back to Chengdu.  We had a great time in Japan - I really do love that place! And I think they win the award for the nicest people!!

3 comments: