At the top of my list of favorite things I have done this week, had to be visiting the Gaylord Ice with my work team (in the interest of privacy, you will only see pictures of me and the ice, but just to note there were 16 of us in total). I had been to the Gaylord before and we even took the girls last year to look around at the decorations, but we have never done the ICE tour. We watched a short video before putting on our parkas and entering the exhibit (the Gaylord flies in more than 40 people from Harbin, China).
It is hard to describe in words and see in iPhone pictures, but the detail was incredible- they had ornaments from different countries around the world (all bigger than me) set up when you walked in.
The depiction of our US Christmas :). The Santa Claus and reindeer were some of my favorites.
After we viewed different takes on Christmas, we walked into the ice slide.
There is me! coming down right in the middle- this was definitely one of my favorite parts of the exhibit.
And all finished- see my fuzzy hat??!!?? My team made fun of me wearing this, but it kept me toasty warm.
Then we moved onto the toy shop where I got a little sad that my babies weren't with me- this definitely would have been their favorite part.
I got a snapshot of me and 'lollie and my elephant-loving-Everly at home.
Santa overseeing the workshop ;).
Then, we got to the part where they had stuffed animals and their ice sculpture set up next to them (the attention to detail was incredible).
Ever since going to Chengdu, I have had a special place in my heart for panda bears :).
Here is a look at some of my other favorite comparisons.
I took off my bulky parka to get a more "normal" looking picture and I think it is my favorite of me for the day.
Peek-a-boo, I see me (writing this post, I have to tell you it is weird to not have a single picture of my daughters when they are typically the main star ;)).
Another one of my favorites- the crayon colored wall that I was itching to take Emma and Everly's pictures in front of.
I decided to go for a selfie instead :).
The nativity scene that ended the Ice exhibit was breathtaking; the conscious decision to not put any color on it- truly made it magical and was a great reminder of the real meaning of Christmas.



















How nice!
ReplyDeletewww.rsrue.blogspot.com