How is it that we are just one week away from Christmas??!!?? Crazy. We are definitely feeling the Christmas spirit in full force over at our household and our little elf, first named Snocone now named Snowflake, has been the best little addition to our family. I first thought that the girls wouldn't understand the concept and that it would be a lot of work, but they love looking for her (even though they don't full understand the concept) and it hasn't been a lot of work at all. I genuinely love their reactions! Everly normally spots her first and I love the way she engages Emma to come over to look at our Elf!!
We first introduced the Snowflake with our North Pole breakfast where we caught her eating a donut.
We moved her around a couple of times that day so the girls could catch onto her 'magic' but I forgot to take pictures. The next day she did the classic wrap your tree with toilet paper.
Emma was so excited that she insisted on getting a picture with Snowflake.
During Sunday nap time, Wes moved her to hang from the chandelier and this might have been my favorite reaction- they just couldn't believe their eyes.
Monday morning, Snowflake swapped out the stockings for Emma's panchies.
The next morning, she was eating butter in the fridge (I knew Ev's would see this since she always loves to dig around in the fridge in the morning time).
The morning after that she brought the girls milk and cookies for breakfast! Wes said that Emma's eyes got really big as she exclaimed, 'but, Dad no one gets to eat cookies for breakfast'. As Ev's was happily munching on her cookie, Emma wouldn't touch hers until later in the day.
Later on that afternoon, Snowflake drew this picture on our bathroom mirror. This is my second favorite Snowflake moment when Emma exclaimed, 'but how did she know to draw my favorite number'.
On their last morning of school for this semester, Snowflake helped pack their lunch by making them a peanut butter sandwich.
Which brings us to this morning where Snowflake brought them a new Peppa Pig DVD. Some of the most fun moments have been when Snowflake migrates back to the tree right in front of their eyes- they just don't know how she does it ;). I can't wait to see the look on their faces when they find their gingerbread houses in the morning!









Cute! I love the favorite number comment!!
ReplyDelete