Linking up with Andrea today for Show and Tell Tuesday: the best gift I have ever received.
I don't mean to get all sappy on you, but I really truly think the best gift I have ever received is my sisters. Don't get me wrong, I didn't always think that way- I am sure I have told my parents several times that I would have made a rockstar only child. However, now that I have aged (hello 32 in just a few days!), I think they are simply the best. There is no one I would rather hang out with than these three :).
So, as you can imagine I was beyond excited to give my girls the same gift. It was no secret that when I was pregnant the first time I wanted a girl so so so badly and was thrilled to find out that Emma was a girl. Then when I was pregnant with Everly I nonchalantly said 'I am fine with either' but deep down in my gut, I preferred a girl. As you can imagine I was once again thrilled to find out that I would be having another little girl and giving Emma a sister.
These two girls mean the world to me and I am so so happy they will venture through this crazy life side by side.
I don't mean to get all sappy on you, but I really truly think the best gift I have ever received is my sisters. Don't get me wrong, I didn't always think that way- I am sure I have told my parents several times that I would have made a rockstar only child. However, now that I have aged (hello 32 in just a few days!), I think they are simply the best. There is no one I would rather hang out with than these three :).
So, as you can imagine I was beyond excited to give my girls the same gift. It was no secret that when I was pregnant the first time I wanted a girl so so so badly and was thrilled to find out that Emma was a girl. Then when I was pregnant with Everly I nonchalantly said 'I am fine with either' but deep down in my gut, I preferred a girl. As you can imagine I was once again thrilled to find out that I would be having another little girl and giving Emma a sister.
Along the same lines, the best material gift that I have ever received is this sweet watercolor portrait of the girls that I won last Christmas in an Instagram contest from Sophie and Lili.
And here is the side by side comparison (the actual picture compared to the watercolor).
From the moment I received it, I hung it up in my gallery wall and I have enjoyed looking at it everyday since.
These two girls mean the world to me and I am so so happy they will venture through this crazy life side by side.














So sweet! That watercolor is amazing!
ReplyDeleteSisters are the best! Love the watercolor :)
ReplyDelete