Monday, December 21, 2015

Emma and Everly's Preschool Christmas Program

Last Tuesday, the girls had their preschool program.  We were excited with the anticipation of seeing Ev's perform Happy Birthday Jesus as her debut into the preschool performance world.  With this being Emma's 3rd Christmas program, we knew she would 'rock' this, no problem ;).  I called Wes on my way home from work that evening where Emma insisted that she needed to wear her wedding dress- now, I already had their outfits planned out (coordinating, of course), but since Emma wanted to wear her wedding dress I brainstormed options of how to make this summer dress more winter like on the way home as a goal to be more flexible about their clothing choices.  It turned out perfect.  She wanted to get dressed as soon as I got home which allowed us enough time to head outside for a few pictures before we completely lost all daylight.


Her new cheese face was on display front and center.


Which had us both cracking up and allowed me to shoot a few real smiles.


Love this girl < 3.


When we capture her real smile, I feel pure magic radiating through her little three year old body.


I went inside to change Ev's and Wes caught this one - I love it all moody and genuine and she is just so darn grown up looking here.


I picked out a coordinating dress for Everly in case they would give me that sweet sister shot (spoiler alert: that didn't happen)- and all she wanted to do was hug that sweet penguin of ours.


Fast forward to the school program - Emma was up first and the girls came all dressed in their angel wings.  She was so cute when she spotted us, and was thrilled to see her Nonni there even flashing a few Nonni specific waves.


Looking so big here :).


When it was their turn they sang 'Away in the Manger'.


Here is a little video if you would like to see.


Not too long after, Ev's class came up on stage.


She was perplexed by this situation to say the least.  It made my heart soar when she spotted us- she definitely didn't wave hi!, but she did give us her shy little smile.


She didn't even attempt to sing.


However, she did work on her baby yoga moves midway through the program ;).


And to add a little extra flair, she lifted up her dress to show off her belly :).


And finished with a twirl.


I love the way her and Ms. Debi are looking at each other :).


Even though she didn't sing or participate, she did look awfully darn cute up there.


Here are two video's of the whole group singing together; please make sure you make it to the end on both- Wes was able to catch some of Ev's best antics.



After the program, we said hi to Santa Claus and bye to Nonni and Papa George.



And, then, Wes and I were left with these two knuckleheads.


Who have more personality than I know what to do with :).


Love this sweet Christmas time tradition.

1 comment:

  1. I loooove the one of Everly lifting up her dress! Save that one for when she is older!!

    ReplyDelete