Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Everly's Tree

As you may remember, my dad (referred to as Papa George on the blog) gifted the girls both a tree right around the time they were born and Ev's received a Japanese Maple.


We love looking at the trees each and every day and on their birthdays it is nice reminder to take a minute and look back and reflect on not only how much the child (in this case, Everly) has grown, but also how much the tree has grown.  On Sunday morning, I saw the light was shining down just perfectly on Ev's tree so out we went to see if we could grab a few pictures :).


I think it is safe to say the tree grew faster than Everly this year!


In addition to the tree, my parents gift the girls a new outfit on each one of their birthdays for me to take thier picture in next to the tree.


I just love the dress my mom picked out for Everly this year!!


And I am equally obsessed with her squishy baby toes next to her tree growing so big!



Don't look now, Papa George, but Everly was trying to eat the tree ;).


Such a fun tradition that I can't help but look back from the beginning.  We got Ev's tree before she was born :) and have continued to snap a few pictures of her next to it after she was born (I can't currently locate year 1 picture, but when I do- I will add it to this series :)).





We love our tree, Papa George!

No comments:

Post a Comment