The night before Everly turned two, I snuck in her room in for one last peek at my one year old. It warmed my heart and broke it all into pieces in the matter of seconds. On one hand, the froggy legs, bunny rabbit and sippy cup still make her seem so young, but seeing her wear sisters zoo school shirt and knowing that she was turning two made her seem like such a big girl. My mommy heart just wants her to stay my baby forever.
Then, reality set in when my baby girl woke up at 4:50 on her birthday morning- maybe she was just excited to celebrate?!? And suddenly I was longing for those teenage years when I envision that I will have to drag her out of her bed ;).
Our first time to use our special day plate! So excited to see my girls grow up using this plate :).
I made cinnamon rolls in the shape of the number two and Emma was just beside herself excited to carry the birthday girl her special day plate.
We started to sing happy birthday and true Eberleah fashion she turned away because she wasn't so excited about all of the attention being on her.
Emma sure was excited though, pointing her hand and busting out 'happy birthday to you' over and over again.
Emma was going to help Everly with her candle, but we convinced her to let Everly give it a try.
And sure enough, Evsie's blew out her candle with gusto!
So proud of herself, chanting 'fire' over and over again.
Then, the birthday girl got a surprise phone call...
from 'DORA!'
She was literally so excited!!!
Dora asked her what she was doing for her birthday, and Emma just couldn't take it anymore and leaned over to tell Dora that they were going to the trampoline park :).
And with that, we got ready and headed out to the trampoline park. Only to find out that it was closed for a private event. Womp womp. And I may or may not have shed some tears. I just wanted my sweet girls birthday to be perfect for her. She was in a funk (due to waking up so eaaarrrlllyyyy!) and I was letting it rub off on me and nothing was working out the way I had planned it. And I threw myself a small pity party. Thank goodness for my level headed husband who pulled out his phone, looked up to see where another one was and less than half an hour later (and a nap on the way for the birthday girl) we made it to the trampoline park with restored spirits! And Emma started bounding right away!!
We had a short FaceTime call with Adge and she was able to see the girls jump around for a minute :).
A short basketball game with daddy
followed up by romping around their favorite activity, the foam block pit.
Nothing makes me happier than seeing my sweet birthday girl with a big smile plastered on her face.
And in a big foam pit.
The girls were so happy, they were falling in my lap doling out hugs ;).
Ev's gets so happy pointing out body parts - I am pretty sure she found her nose here :).
One more hug from my birthday girl!!
And then it was time for the surprise! Ev's was a pretty happy little girl when she saw I had packed them a little goodie bag filled with her favorite 'prise :).
M and M's!
All of that sugar and Everly busted out the sweetest dance moves.
And then struck some poses looking entirely too big.
Especially here- it was like she was trying to show me just how big she was!
Her smile is my favorite :).
Then, my big girl gave me her best cheese face!
Even though our faces are cut off- I just love this picture of me and my big girl, pure happiness :).
After an hour and half of jumping, she was a hot mess!
And pretended to fall asleep, it wore her out ;).
And then it was time to cool off with some 'bloopies'. Daddy and his girls checking out the options :). The lady was so sweet, when she found out that it was Ev's birthday, she gave the girls a free slurpee!
Ev's couldn't get over that the bear had a 'bloopie' and she had a 'bloopie'- she kept telling him 'mine' 'ors' (your's) over and over again.
My girls and their slurpee's :).
She's TWO!! I just kept thinking that all day.
After Slurpee's we headed to Chick-fil-a for a quick lunch,
and let the girls run out the final bits of energy they had in them.
Then we headed back home for naps all around. After Emma woke up, I snuck in to check on Everly while she rocked a 2.5 hour nap. Those froggy legs literally kill me every time.
During nap time, Wes put together Ev's birthday present- a water table! Followed up with our annual balloons!
Wes woke Ev's up at about 5:30 and sent her downstairs by herself so we could see her reaction- I just love this photo of her peeking her head around the corner!
She was so excited when she spotted the 'boons!'.
And ran right over to check them out!
Happy girl!!
Testing out her water table minus the water :).
Then Nonni and Papa George came over to bring the birthday girl the other part of her gift! She was a little bit shy and nervous to open her present, but Emma helped lead the way!
So excited to find a new baby!
Then it was time for the final happy birthday singing with Ev's favorite treat- brownies!
Once again, our sweet birthday girl was a little bit shy at all of the attention (this is when I started to realize that she may not love birthdays as much as me and her big sister) and turned her head while we sang happy birthday.
After the signing was over, it looked like she was going to blow out her candles...
But it turns out she had more than enough help from big sisterAnna Emma.
The birthday girl with Nonni and Papa George :).
We were chatting and we looked over to see the sweetest sight. Ev's had hopped down from the table and was 'feeding' her baby.
So proud of herself pushing baby in the stroller- this girl is going to be such a good mommy!
Later that evening I spotted Ev's on two separate occasions being just the sweetest towards her baby- once again feeding her baby and when she was ready to eat her brownie from earlier she crawled back up into her chair and brought baby with her.
Mommy and the birthday girl!
I hope you had the very best day Eberleah- we had so much fun celebrating the joy you bring our family on your special day :).
Then, reality set in when my baby girl woke up at 4:50 on her birthday morning- maybe she was just excited to celebrate?!? And suddenly I was longing for those teenage years when I envision that I will have to drag her out of her bed ;).
Our first time to use our special day plate! So excited to see my girls grow up using this plate :).
I made cinnamon rolls in the shape of the number two and Emma was just beside herself excited to carry the birthday girl her special day plate.
We started to sing happy birthday and true Eberleah fashion she turned away because she wasn't so excited about all of the attention being on her.
Emma sure was excited though, pointing her hand and busting out 'happy birthday to you' over and over again.
Emma was going to help Everly with her candle, but we convinced her to let Everly give it a try.
And sure enough, Evsie's blew out her candle with gusto!
So proud of herself, chanting 'fire' over and over again.
Then, the birthday girl got a surprise phone call...
from 'DORA!'
She was literally so excited!!!
Dora asked her what she was doing for her birthday, and Emma just couldn't take it anymore and leaned over to tell Dora that they were going to the trampoline park :).
And with that, we got ready and headed out to the trampoline park. Only to find out that it was closed for a private event. Womp womp. And I may or may not have shed some tears. I just wanted my sweet girls birthday to be perfect for her. She was in a funk (due to waking up so eaaarrrlllyyyy!) and I was letting it rub off on me and nothing was working out the way I had planned it. And I threw myself a small pity party. Thank goodness for my level headed husband who pulled out his phone, looked up to see where another one was and less than half an hour later (and a nap on the way for the birthday girl) we made it to the trampoline park with restored spirits! And Emma started bounding right away!!
We had a short FaceTime call with Adge and she was able to see the girls jump around for a minute :).
A short basketball game with daddy
followed up by romping around their favorite activity, the foam block pit.
Nothing makes me happier than seeing my sweet birthday girl with a big smile plastered on her face.
And in a big foam pit.
The girls were so happy, they were falling in my lap doling out hugs ;).
Ev's gets so happy pointing out body parts - I am pretty sure she found her nose here :).
One more hug from my birthday girl!!
And then it was time for the surprise! Ev's was a pretty happy little girl when she saw I had packed them a little goodie bag filled with her favorite 'prise :).
M and M's!
All of that sugar and Everly busted out the sweetest dance moves.
And then struck some poses looking entirely too big.
Especially here- it was like she was trying to show me just how big she was!
Her smile is my favorite :).
Then, my big girl gave me her best cheese face!
Even though our faces are cut off- I just love this picture of me and my big girl, pure happiness :).
After an hour and half of jumping, she was a hot mess!
And pretended to fall asleep, it wore her out ;).
And then it was time to cool off with some 'bloopies'. Daddy and his girls checking out the options :). The lady was so sweet, when she found out that it was Ev's birthday, she gave the girls a free slurpee!
Ev's couldn't get over that the bear had a 'bloopie' and she had a 'bloopie'- she kept telling him 'mine' 'ors' (your's) over and over again.
My girls and their slurpee's :).
She's TWO!! I just kept thinking that all day.
and let the girls run out the final bits of energy they had in them.
Then we headed back home for naps all around. After Emma woke up, I snuck in to check on Everly while she rocked a 2.5 hour nap. Those froggy legs literally kill me every time.
During nap time, Wes put together Ev's birthday present- a water table! Followed up with our annual balloons!
Wes woke Ev's up at about 5:30 and sent her downstairs by herself so we could see her reaction- I just love this photo of her peeking her head around the corner!
She was so excited when she spotted the 'boons!'.
And ran right over to check them out!
Happy girl!!
Testing out her water table minus the water :).
Then Nonni and Papa George came over to bring the birthday girl the other part of her gift! She was a little bit shy and nervous to open her present, but Emma helped lead the way!
So excited to find a new baby!
Then it was time for the final happy birthday singing with Ev's favorite treat- brownies!
Once again, our sweet birthday girl was a little bit shy at all of the attention (this is when I started to realize that she may not love birthdays as much as me and her big sister) and turned her head while we sang happy birthday.
After the signing was over, it looked like she was going to blow out her candles...
But it turns out she had more than enough help from big sister
The birthday girl with Nonni and Papa George :).
We were chatting and we looked over to see the sweetest sight. Ev's had hopped down from the table and was 'feeding' her baby.
So proud of herself pushing baby in the stroller- this girl is going to be such a good mommy!
Later that evening I spotted Ev's on two separate occasions being just the sweetest towards her baby- once again feeding her baby and when she was ready to eat her brownie from earlier she crawled back up into her chair and brought baby with her.
Mommy and the birthday girl!
I hope you had the very best day Eberleah- we had so much fun celebrating the joy you bring our family on your special day :).

































































No comments:
Post a Comment