Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Everly at 15 Months


… is obsessed with baby dolls.  Every time she goes to a new place, she scoops up the first baby doll or stuffed animal that she can find and hangs onto it tightly.  This sometimes causes a problem since the baby doll is not technically hers ;).
… loves being touched; if she grows up and her number one love language is not touch, I will be shocked.  This has led to horrendous sleep. Horrendous. I really thought sleep was supposed to take a turn for the better after age 1, but Ev’s sleep has just gotten worse. My mantra has always been ‘this is just a phase, this is just a phase’; but, really, can this phase please just end already?
… mimics everything although hand gestures are her favorite especially holding her finger up to her mouth and saying shhhhhhh; there is something just hilarious about seeing your baby toddling around saying shhhhh
… tells me bye bye in the morning when I leave for work (most other times she won’t let me out of her sight without a lot of tears, but for some reason she is definitely content with telling me bye bye each morning)
… crinkles her nose when she smiles her biggest, two teethiest smile


… has mastered several new words throughout the month (ice, tank you, high five, up, baby, peek a boo, uh oh, shoes, cheese, eye); tank you is my favorite.  When you hand her something she will say ‘tank you’ most times and I nearly pass out from all the cuteness
… likes to read books sitting in your lap; will also ready by herself to herself- Emma never did this so I am loving every minute of the solo playing
… is still breastfeeding like crazy.  She will take only about four ounces of milk from Wes during the day.  She is still so attached and her favorite time to nurse is at night.  I feel like I need to wean her to solve her sleeping problems and have a new resolve to do this every morning.  Then, at night, I just nurse her. And nurse her and nurse her and nurse her.  I just can’t quite her quite yet.   
… knows when we say ‘Everly it is time to go bye bye’ it means we are going somewhere and she will scurry over to the door; this girl loves to go bye bye
… likes to ride on our toy cars; I always thought I would not own these big, bulky, pink plastic things- but really, they are one of the most used gifts we have ever received.  She also likes to be pushed on the toy cars, even Emma (as the pusher) will do ;)
… likes to play peek a boo: she will cover her eyes and say boo! in the sweetest voice you have ever heard


… stayed in a hotel room twice this month- both times in College Station; celebrated Ally's birthday, participated in the Walk to End Alzheimer's, went to the state fair, boo at the zoo, and trick or treat at Weston Gardens for the second straight year
… knows how to point to her belly, nose and eyes; definitely not as interested as Emma in doing these tricks skills on demand
… found an old digital camera the other day; leaned over to pick it up, held it up to her face and said ‘cheese’.  Wes and I nearly died laughing- think she gets her picture taken often?
… obsessed with eating crushed ice.  As soon as she sees me or Wes make a move toward the fridge/freezer- she is there stomping her foot and saying a very demanding “ice!”.  I really thought this was unique to Emma, so I am finding it hilarious that both of my babes have been obsessed with crushed ice


… is still rocking the two teeth look; I have really grown to love the fact that she only has two teeth and am truly enjoying all of the two teeth smiles (rather than impatiently waiting for more teeth to arrive!)
… still takes her naps on me. I have to say this is the part of sleep that I love. Love love love naps with my baby girl and cherish each of them
… had her first tantrum this month.  In true, laid back Everly style- she laid on the floor with her plate of eggs and didn’t make a peep.  It was like she didn’t quite know how to throw a tantrum yet.  Throughout the month she figured it out J.  If she is upset, there is definitely some back-arching and screeching involved.
… has the dreamiest milk breath.  I love leaning in for big, wet, sloppy kisses and getting a healthy dose of her milky breath greeting me (almost as good as new baby smell!)
... is 30 1/4 inches tall and weighs 22 pounds, 14 ounces - our squish baby is slightly less squishier :(
... is growing up way too fast! Slow down sweet baby, don't you know you are our baby!

1 comment: