We had the opportunity to take the girls to visit Texas A&M two times during October. I had a few recruiting type work trips that would only put me unavailable for 2 - 3 hours at a time so we were able to soak up some time in College Station and show the girls around campus. Here is a look at our first trip! We stopped for a french fry and chicken nugget break on the way down ;).
When we arrived we stopped in at my favorite place to eat lunch/dinner in College Station- Blue Baker. I still love going to this place as much as I did in college, but the prices sure have gone up!
Ev's was a little skeptical of this whole travel for three hours in a car to get a slice of pizza thing :).
While Emma was content to chase the birdies- she kept telling the birdie: "come to me, come to mama birdie.". This girl and her personality- I just love it so much!
The first thing they wanted to do when we got to the hotel was jump on the bed- we obliged :). This was Emma's first time to realize what a hotel was. During our second trip, the whole way there she said "I want to sleep in hotel".
I got ready and then Wes and the girls dropped me off at my event. 2 hours later, I was over the moon to see these sweet girls and walk them around campus :). We got in our car briefly and realized how much TRAFFIC College Station has- so we turned around, parked and walked from west campus to main campus. They helped the cause by being extra sweet once we arrived at the MSC fountain.
We checked out the new face of Kyle Field- it was beautiful! Can't wait until we get to take the girls to their first Aggie football game!
The sweetest girl stopped by and took a few family shots :). She couldn't have been nicer. I miss all the extra nice people that College Station has.
This girly actually 'wanted' me to take her picture :). Could we have the same enthusiasm around picture day, Emma?
Can you find Emma? She was literally obsessed with these statues- I don't think she has seen anything quite like this before!
There were two more spots that I wanted to take the girls; one of those being the Century Tree.
There are some long-standing traditions around the Century Tree; but, in a nutshell you are not supposed to walk under the Century Tree until you are engaged and then you can only walk under the tree with the person you are marrying or your family (ok, I just made up that family part- but I think it's ok ;)). This sweet tree is where Wes proposed to me many many years back and it will always hold a special place in my heart.
Then, we wrapped up walk taking the girls by my old dorm room where I lived for two years.
The weather was great, the company was even better and I was just so so elated all day to show the girls where I went to school. I hope we have many more opportunities to take them down there and you know, eventually convince them that's where they want to go to college ;).














No comments:
Post a Comment