After we drove back from College Station (round 2) - we headed straight to Boo at the Zoo! We had an incredibly busy weekend planned, this was going to be the only time we could squeeze it in, so we went ahead braved the crowds with our sweet little elephant and moo-cow! I was surprised at how easily the girls just slipped into their costumes- last year, it was a constant battle to get Emma to be an elephant!
Ev's is always watching her big sister :).
I mean, really? Could her elephant tail walking alongside her daddy be any cuter??
At first, Everly was a little skeptical of this whole Halloween/dressing up like a moo-cow thing :). After she got a sucker in her little, chubby hands; suddenly she was ok with the Halloween concept ;).
I was determined to get a picture of them together in their costumes before we went "trick-or-treating" and this was the best I got (#reallife). Also, here you can see that Emma's elephant costume is about three inches too short; instead of fighting it, I just embraced it as extra adorable!
Picking out her first candy!
This guy really got a kick out of Emma's costume and sweet demeanor- he loaded her right up!
Just taking it all in while getting her sucker everywhere!
After we had gathered "lots of candies", we moved on to the game section :). I really love that Emma is starting to understand these types of games!
The moo-cow got in on the ring toss action :).
Emma was a little hesitant to let her in on the bean bag toss, she kept hip-checking her over to the left so she could have all of those bean bags (on the right) to herself!
Digging in her candy bag- I don't know why, but I think of my childhood when I think of this picture. Our parents would take us trick-or-treating, we would come home, dump out all of our candy and start sorting and organizing (and trading!). Ahhhhh, such fond memories :).
That belly! That tail! So glad Wes found this costume last minute!
It was quite hot that day- think temps in the low 90's so as soon as we were done with the Halloween part of the zoo, we stripped the girls hot/furry costumes off and let them run around in their regular clothes. I was sad to see the costumes go, but I think they were much more comfortable. The gorillas were quite active this visit!
She wanted me to take her picture on the elephant- how could I ever say no to her wanting to take a picture!
So glad we continued our Boo at the Zoo tradition- had so much fun with my little zoo animals :).
















No comments:
Post a Comment