Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Day in the District 2014

Ready to go back to September? I know this is way way back, but every year we get so busy during this time frame and I never get a chance to recap all the fun things that we do and then the memories are lost. Dramatic, much? No, I didn't think so either ;). 


Every year, Fort Worth has what they call "Day in the District".  During this day, all 9 museums in Fort Worth are open to the public for free admission.  We always try to take the girls and get our museum fill for the year ;).


Our first stop this year was the Dino dig because it gets crowded and messy quickly :).  Ev's was a little hesitant in the sand :).  Her facial expressions crack me up!




I thought Emma would understand the Dino Dig this year- but I was wrong :).  She thought she was going to be looking for dinosaurs and not dinosaur bones in the sand!  She much more happily took her shoes off and played in the water :).


We made our way inside and into the kid's activity center.  My girlies went nuts for the grocery shopping.  Emma seriously overloaded her grocery cart on several occasions.




Then, Emma and I moved over to the train tracks.


Wes took Ev's over to the more appropriate-aged toys; I turned around and saw this sweet face peeking back at me across the room :).


We made our way outside and into the water This combined all of Ev's love languages (being outside + balls + water), and this series of pictures cracks me up :).




These two <3 .="" br="">


So laid back and chill and always ready to go "bye bye".  The puffed lip cracks me up :).


We have so much fun visiting the museum, but when we leave we always say we have had enough museum until next year :).

No comments:

Post a Comment