Tuesday, October 14, 2014

September Little Things

Hello October.  Definitely one of my favorite months of the year.  Before we get too far into October, let's take a look back at all of the little things that happened in September.  September is a busy, busy month for us with Wes's birthday, our anniversary and back to school but we managed to fit in a few, fun little things.  

September 1st was Labor Day- hooray for a day off!  We started the day off with an early morning photo shoot for Everly's 1 Year pictures.  So that we could focus on Everly, we dropped Emma off to hang out with my mom for a couple of hours.  I don't know if I have mentioned it in depth on the blog, but our sweet Emma has shown some OCD tendencies (i.e. when helping my mom make her bed, she lined all of the pillows up in a straight line and wanted to have nothing to do with laying them out- as my mom likes to say, a little engineer in the making).  


Sneak peek of Everly's 1 Year pictures (this girl would not crack a smile!)... however, we found the light and she looks like an angel baby.


When we got home, I was anxious to put her mustard jeans on her to try to usher in some fall weather.  In case you are wondering, it didn't work- it was hot all month long!


All of that picture taking really wore Everly out :).  Even her hair took a beating :).


We had been hoarding a Red Lobster giftcard since forever, and we finally made our way there Labor Day weekend.  Three words: Garlic Butter Biscuits. Holy Delicious.  We ordered Emma the lobster pizza- she did not know what to think, took all the toppings off and ate the bread. Stinker.


Emma is still obsessed with all bugs/worms and now gecko's and is trying to share that love with Everly. Wes found this gecko and we put it in the big ice chest so the girls could play with it for awhile.  Emma did not know what to think when his tail broke off.  We finally convinced her that the gecko needed his mama- so she took him to the grass and set him free.


We spent one Friday night at a football game watching Blake march.  Me and my girl ready for the action!


Emma looked entirely too big prancing up and down the stairs, chasing boys.  It was all too much to think that this will be Emma in 12 short years!


Giving her new (boy)friend the biggest smile!


She was worn out and filthy and we kept making her take breaks to drink some water.


After the halftime show- we shared some nachos.  I think it is safe to say that the girls share my love of nachos- they ate those things up.


Blurry, but this girl was on fire with her dance moves :).


The next morning, Everly was not feeling so well.  She woke up, played for a few minutes, threw up and then climbed in my lap and fell back asleep for the next couple of hours.  Although I hate to see my baby sick- I don't mind the snuggles one bit :).


Bad picture of Everly- but this month, she needed to have all the babies all the time.


Ev's spent some time practicing her yoga moves :).  Babies are so bendable.


One weekend afternoon, I took the girls over to my parent's house.  My dad gave me a plethora of parenting information he has meticulously stored over the years and he pulled this jewel out of the pile.  When we were little we wanted a dog so bad.  So my parents created this thing called "Puppy Days" for us.  We had to all four get along all day in order to color a box in- I think there were 90 boxes; I am embarrassed to admit how many days it took us to accomplish this.  Ahhhh- fond memories :).


Everly and my mom have a new thing when she helps Everly "jump" down the stairs when we are leaving their house :).


There was an earthquake in Arlington and my Bobbob was the recipient of a sinkhole type of thing :).


Working from my parents house is ideal- pumpkin chai latte's plus pumpkin spice m&m's. I literally felt like I hit the jackpot!


One random night, Ally came over to my parents house (no pictures- boo!), but Emma insisted on wearing her sisters size 18 month mustard pants to Nonni's house.  They were so tight and so small- so the next night we went to Target and got Emma her own pair.  She was sooo excited! She would not let the employee put her pants in bag and she ran out of the store so giddy!


This would not be a monthly wrap up post without a picture of a sleeping Everly- this is one of my favorites to date :).


One Sunday after church, I was really craving donuts so we went to get some.  We let Emma pick out her own donut and of course she picked out the pink spider and pink kitty cat :).

I think Everly's outfit deserves a closer look- I love love love this dress, especially paired with her tights and moccs.


I love the way they adore their daddy- I didn't realize until I was looking at this picture, how dirty the stairs were (yuck, yuck, yuck)!


The Friday before this Sunday (just four days before his birthday), Wes found out he had pneumonia.  Since Wes was just on day two of recovering from pneumonia, I packed both girls up and took them over to my parents house after church so he could get some rest and we could visit with Ally!


Then, we headed to Austin and Craig's house for more fun! And a walk around the block.


Group shot courtesy of Craig :).


Then, we settled in on the driveway for some homemade chocolate-banana smoothies.


Emma told Everly "I'm holding you knucklepants!".  When they are sweet to each other, they are the sweetest :).


I got to go to College Station to recruit- a Starbucks stop was definitely in order for my 6am departure time :).  It is still so weird spending a night by myself- I was at an event until 9pm, but after that I grabbed wings n' more, worked for a bit, blogged for a bit and went to sleep :).


On one particular Friday night, the girls were overtired. From the moment I got home, everything was a battle.  We loaded them up, drove around until they fell asleep, grabbed a Starbucks and sat in the car in chatted until the concert started- mini date and we felt refreshed :).


This might be the blurriest picture I have ever posted on the blog, but I don't want to forget that we went to a few of the outdoor concerts at the Levitt Pavilion- we love this about our community!


I hold Everly during most of her naps when I am at home, but on this day I let Wes hold her.  I just love seeing her all cuddled up in his arms.  She just adores her daddy. I just adore those chubby thighs :).


Wes and I pre-ordered our new iPhones- mine came a couple of days after they were released.  We both geek out about these things so it was a big day in our household.


Had a mid-week coffee date with my sisters.  Sadly, I didn't take a picture with them; however, I got a picture of the cream going into my iced coffee- you know the important things ;).  In all seriousness, I love that I work so close to two of my sisters and that we can see each other on a regular basis even in the middle of a workday!


This month, Wes made one of the top five things he has ever cooked, in my opinion, homemade jambalaya.  I know this doesn't look like much (I was not excited when he texted me this picture at work), but it was amazing and he has already made it again!


I just love it when the girls snuggle each other- in this case, Everly had already fallen asleep for the night and Emma told me "I just want to lay by Everleah".  So I let her.  Sister love can be so so sweet.


On the very last day of September, we were still sporting near 100 degree temperatures and Everly was cranky as all get out, so we took the girls to the park during the "witching hour".  It was a good decision for us all :).


September was such a good month!  Although, I feel like we were pretty much jipped out of the first fall weather. I am ready for all of the little things we have going on in October!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment