Wednesday, October 8, 2014

ECO Fest 2014

Shortly after our fishing trip, we headed to downtown Arlington for our local Eco Fest.  We heard bounce houses and petting zoo and we knew the girls would be all in.  

Sweet Ev's had just woken up from a nap when we arrived and was a little slow to warm up to her new surroundings :).  


Soon enough, she got right in there and was petting the chickens and baby pigs.  I have never seen so many baby pigs at a petting zoo! They were everywhere and so so so cute!



Of course she loved the "dog dog's".  These were the most well behaved pups I have ever seen- they were just eating up all of the attention from the little ones!


The girls were O.B.S.S.E.S.S.E.D with the llama.  He was so gentle, cute and furry!


He was really into Everly's bow and he kept nibbling at it while Everly remained oblivious.



I just love this next series of pictures- Emma was talking, cooing, hugging and kissing the llama as if he was a person.  I just love her love of animals :).






We told Emma to say bye bye to the llama.  She grabbed a hold of his neck and said "I love you llama. You are my favorite llama." while giving me this look.


Then, he tried to smooch her goodbye :).


After we were done with the petting zoo- we headed over to one of the bounce houses.  I don't know why, but these things scare me- there are just so many big kids and Emma is just so small.


I didn't think she would like it, but she proved me wrong and L.O.V.E.D. it :).  I was so proud of my girl who wants to do everything with mommy doing this all by herself!


Emma was worn out from the bounce house, so we got some water and made our way over to the painting station where things went from messy to terribly messy at lightening speed.



She even had paint in her hair!  Thankfully it was all washable!!


Next up was decorating a planter and then planting your own plant.  Emma had the volunteers in stitches laughing because she would not stop putting stickers on her planter.  She was determined to load it up with as many stickers as possible!



Then, we made a necklace out of wood, glue and colors :).


We were about to head out when we saw that the splash pad was open and ready for use.


Emma went in first and convinced Everly to come in she was having so much fun!


Love toddler bellies.


This girl could have kept splashing around for hours.  She is definitely our water baby!



This pretty much sums up life with a toddler who likes to "do it myself".


We had so much fun at Eco Fest- we will be back next year for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Maybe we can go next year with you!! I love the picture of Emma going down the slide. She looks so grown up. :)

    ReplyDelete