Before we have the September wrap up next week, let's go way back, like back to August 25th when we celebrated my dad's birthday. We celebrated on his actual birthday, which was a Monday night! When we got there, Emma helped my mom put the finishing touches on the dinner salad. My mom has a stool that she pulls out for Emma that helps her stand at the height of the island- Emma loves to help my mom in the kitchen.
Before everyone else got there, I wanted to get a picture of my parents with both of their grand babies. Good idea, huh?
This was the best we got- I quickly gave up and decided that we would try after dinner.
If you know anything about me- you know it is not a birthday party without party hats. I brought some with us just to ensure that everyone could wear one ;). After dinner, everyone put on their party hats and got ready to sing happy birthday! Emma is always super excited about the prospect of wearing birthday hats; I think she has realized there is always treats involved :).
Everly was not feeling the excitement :(.
Time to sing happy birthday!
Waiting patiently to help my dad blow out his candles :).
Go time! I just love this next series of pictures- I am going to be really sad when it is no longer cute that Emma helps everyone to blow out their candles. Emma's animation and dramatic flair gets me every time :).
And a high five for a job well done!
Most of the party guests (excluding my mom and myself) sporting their party hats!
Can we have some cake, please?
Finger licking good.
This girl seriously loved the special cake my mom got :)
Bobbob, Travis and Ally being good sports and wearing their party hats for the celebration!
Then, it was time to open presents- not as excited about opening up cards; but coffee mugs, that is a different story ;).
Sister love :).
Then, I took everyone back outside for one more attempt at a picture with my parents.
Everly was not feeling it in the least, so I jumped in and tried to soothe her.
When that didn't work, we tried to get a picture of my parents and Emma- still no smiles from my girls.
My and my dad- I love this guy (p.s. we are both smiling and we only had to take the picture once, please pay attention Emma and Everly :))!
Happy Birthday Dad!! We love you! So happy we got to celebrate with you :).

























That's a great picture of you and your Dad!!
ReplyDelete