… takes two naps a day.
If she falls asleep in the car after 6pm we pay for it at bedtime. Speaking of naps and bedtime, it has been
increasingly difficult to get Everly to go down. We used to be able to feed her and she would
pass out immediately after a little bit of milk. Now, sometimes she fights it and it is
exhausting. After a particularly intense
battle of the wills, I told Wes that I was physically exhausted from putting
her to sleep.
… is still breastfeeding. all.through.the.night. I still love it today as much as I did the
very first time (although I would be perfectly fine if she decided to scale
back her nighttime feedings).
… (and on that note) still has the worst sleep issues and if
possible have gotten even worse. She
will wake up shrieking if I am not holding her/nursing her all through the
night.
… has the best smile. When she smiles big, she has a dimple
on her left upper cheek. It almost makes
me forget that she is a terrible sleeper.
… clasps her hands together when we say prayers at the
dinner table
… is still hesitant to warm up to others, and I am starting
to wonder if this is more of a personality trait and not as much a baby phase
as I originally thought
… gives hugs, like full blown hugs to mommy, daddy and Emma
(if she’s lucky!); my favorite is when she hugs me tightly around my neck
… thinks it’s the funniest game to run away from her bedtime
diaper changes; I typically oblige her and let her run around naked squealing
as she attempts to evade my grasps. Emma
does not help this situation because she also runs around squealing “Everleah
soooo funny, he so naked”.
… is seriously the most chill baby. She will sit in her highchair at a restaurant
for an hour straight- what a blessing.
She also just rides around in her stroller peacefully and without trying
to constantly evade her straps
… is obsessed with dog food.
What is it about my girls and dog food? I don’t think I will ever
understand their fascination. In
addition to dog food, she loves Bailey. Like loves loves loves him. She walks around saying “dog dog dog” anytime
she sees him. She also likes to poke her
head out the doggie door to look at him throughout the day.
… has worn her Tom’s one time; this girl seriously loves her
moccs
… has two tickle spots- her thighs and the bottom of her
feet. She seems to laugh the most when
daddy tickles her!
… likes to eat crushed ice out of her own cup. At 14 months, she has not mastered saying
“ice”, but she definitely knows how to communicate that she wants her own
cupful of crushed ice- there is a lot of grunting and pointing involved as she
stands by the freezer J.
… has the funniest dance moves. Seriously. She bends at the knees and scootches
(sp?) around from side to side. She also thoroughly enjoys doing these dance moves as she moves around my parents island.
… attempts to brush her own hair; she picks the brush up and
puts in the right spot (her head!), but I am not sure any brushing is actually
occurring
… has the wildest run.
She tries to go as fast as her little legs can take her (especially when
Emma is chasing her) and runs with her hands up in the air and her protruding
belly out just as far as it can go.
… likes to poke her head through our legs; if I am standing
in the kitchen when I get home from work, I oftentimes feel two little hands on
my legs and a little head trying to poke her way through
… says a few new words: Emma, book (boo), ow ow (while
rubbing her head- it is hilarious!), waffle (I share mine with her every
morning before I leave for work), baby
… loves to go outside and gets very upset if we bring her in
after just a few minutes (sorry Everly, but you just get bit by mosquito’s so
easily!)
… is obsessed with the bathroom and chasing Emma into the
bathroom; as soon as she sees that Emma is headed to the bathroom, there goes
Everly squealing in delight and following- making messes and annoying Emma
… is still rocking two teeth. I thought we were close to getting her top
two teeth this month, but, alas, no dice. Those two teeth though. They are so cute and white and shiny and new
and slay me every time she smiles J.
… wears size 3 diapers and 12 – 18 months size clothes
… is the most lovable, huggable, squishable baby I know- we
love you to pieces Miss Everly Grace!



No comments:
Post a Comment