Wes is musical. I am not. He can sing along to almost any song on the radio. I cannot. Although, I did impress him recently because I got an artist right! We inherited a drum set from my in-laws. My father in-law has played the drums (in a real live band) for more than 50 years. I have made it very clear to Wes that I don't really like the idea of having drums in our house. They are loud. They are annoying. And I will never use them. So, what's the point, right?!?!?!
But this is a battle I have lost. Wes enjoys playing them; Emma enjoys listening to them. Recently Wes has let Emma get in on the fun of playing the drums. Here she is, surprise face to see mommy with the camera!
Even though Wes's eyes are closed, I love this picture. Daddy and his girl having fun jamming out. They both have looks of pure joy on their face.
Also, love this picture. What a look of concentration, tongue out and everything!
And lastly, Emma thinks it would be cool to lay on the drums. Body lunge forward and the jam session is over!
A couple of days after these pictures were taken, Wes took a video of Emma actually playing the drums. Pretty good for a 1 year old if you ask me!
I guess the drums can stay for awhile!




No comments:
Post a Comment