Thursday, March 21, 2013

Baby Girl #2: 22 Weeks



How Far Along: 22 Weeks!

How Big is Baby: whoah, belly! the size of a spaghetti squash (8 inches, 1 pound!)

Sleep: I am still happy to report that Emma is sleeping through the night!  Most of the time she goes down between 7 and 7:30 and will sleep until 6 – 6:30.  A few mornings she prefers to wake up at 5am- silly girl.  I am now officially sleeping on my side- which stinks!  And waking up several times a night to go to the restroom.  But really, I can’t complain because my baby is FINALLY sleeping through the night! 

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: definitely sweets.  On Sunday, I whipped up homemade chocolate chip cookies- Wes was wondering what happened to his wife.  Last night I made puppy chow- too die for! 

Symptoms: less achy this week J clearly as a result of picking Emma up less. 

Movement: still the best part of being pregnant so far J

What I am worrying about: what to name our baby girl. The name I love gets made fun of a lot when we tell people.  I feel like people are either really on board or really against it- I still love it, so we will see what happens.  I am also worrying that I have no idea what to do with Emma’s big girl room.  I can picture exactly what it will look when she moves from a crib to a full bed, but I can’t even come up with what to put on the walls.  I think maybe the pink crib is throwing me off :/. 

What I am loving:  my new maternity gear.  Anyone that knows me knows that I hate to spend money on maternity clothes.  You wear them for close to 9 months and then it’s over, never wear them again (unless you get pregnant again which I am NOT planning on doing).  Well, last time I was only big pregnant in the winter.  So I had 5 long sleeve shirts and two short sleeve shirts- just enough to get by.  Having a baby in the summer threw a wrench into my “never going to have to buy maternity clothes again” mantra- I thought I would be able to wear my old clothes again.  My mom and I went shopping this weekend (with our best shopping bud, Emma), and I am happy to say that I got 5 new shirts (all short sleeve), a pair of shorts and a dress for $120.  There is something about being able to wear a new top to work every day of the week.  I have seriously loved getting dressed this week.  I am sure this will change, but for the moment I am loving it.    

What I am looking forward too: the weekend- we don’t have much planned, but we will get to see Ally and possibly go to another baby sale J

Best Moment of the week: lots of good moments this week, but the best was when I got home from work one night and Emma greeted me with a big, wet, sloppy kiss.  She is normally excited to see me, but she has never kissed me when I got home unprompted like that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment