Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Emma's Birthday: the Actual Day (February 16th)

If you talk to Bobbob (Emma's great grandfather), he will refer to Emma's birthday celebrations as Emma bday 1 and Emma bday 2.  It's very fitting that Emma had two birthday celebrations, especially since I love birthdays so much.

We woke up bright and early on February 16th!  I couldn't believe my baby was 1!  I could remember the day I delivered her like it was yesterday.  I decided that we would have pink pancakes for breakfast to celebrate.  Here I am whipping up the batter.


Meanwhile, Wes was trying to get a picture of the birthday girl with her special day plate that my mom let us borrow.  This was the best we could muster.


The pancake batter was now pink and ready for the pan.  I decided that Emma would have an "E" pancake and a "1" pancake.  The rest of us just had regular circle pancakes.


Not too bad for free-handing, if I do say so myself.


We got Emma in her chair and at first she was a little confused (she has never had pancakes before).  Testing out the waters by poking her pancakes.


There is that sweet one year old.  I must have told Wes at least 10 times that day that I can not believe our baby is one.  To me it is just such a milestone.  She went from baby to toddler, overnight.


Now she is ready to eat some :).


We tried to get her to wear a birthday hat, but she was not having it.  At all.  I still think she looks pretty sweet.  


After breakfast, the boys were dying for her to open their gift, but first came the card.  She LOVED the card- it played music which was so appropriate for a big 1 year old.


Then, it was present time!


Slowly opening her present.  She loved the bow!


Checking out her play farm from the boys! This was their favorite toy when they were little.


We were going to go to the zoo to continue the birthday celebration, but it was cold on the 16th so we went on the 17th.  We hung out around the house for the rest of the day until it was time for our grandparent birthday party at night.  We had a great meal of taco soup and margaritas (for everyone, except me) followed by cupcakes to celebrate our little one.

We all know how the cupcake experience turned out.  Emma was too curious about the fire for her own good.  Which resulted in tears.


But they didn't last too long after she discovered the taste of icing.


She really LOVED the ice cream that Nonni fed her :).


Then, it was time for more presents! Being such a good girl and reading the card from Nonni and Grandpa George.


Then, she "ripped" into her presents.


Thought it might be better if she climbed on top of the present (love that rainbow striped behind).


What's inside of there? Oh a toy for Emma?


She loved her new toy and we had to direct her to her next present. Can you pull out the tissue paper Emma?  Do you need some help from your fur brothers?


She lost interest after this, but mommy sure did like this present.


Then, we went around a circle and all said what was our favorite thing about Emma (I need to post that video soon).  My favorite thing about my baby girl is her giggle.  It is so real and authentic and so heartwarming.  It can make the worst day 100 times better.  Emma when you look back on this, I hope you know how much your mommy and daddy love you and how much we love to celebrate you.  Happy 1st Birthday baby girl.

1 comment:

  1. That farm is cool. What sweet brothers!!

    You did great on the pancakes. I can barely make a circle right...

    ReplyDelete