Friday, March 15, 2013

Baby Girl #2: 21 Weeks


How Far Along: 21 Weeks!

How Big is Baby: the size of a spaghetti squash (8 inches, 1 pound!)

Sleep: this is the most improved category this week.  As I have alluded too, we started sleep training with Emma again.  Emma has always been a pretty good sleeper.  Before Christmas, she would wake up once a night, but would be easy to get back to sleep and might have a few nights of the week where she slept through the night.  After Christmas, Emma was sick and her top two front teeth came in and let’s just say that her sleep schedule went from bearable to miserable.  We would get up with her and/or bring her to our bed if we couldn’t get her to go back to sleep in her crib.  Which means that all three of us were not sleeping very well.  Well, after she wasn’t sick anymore and stopped teething, this poor trend continued.  So, one night we let her cry.  I know the attachment parenting theorists don’t believe in this, but it works (also, I am convinced that Emma does not feel abandoned).  The next night she cried less than ¼ of the time and by the end of the week, she barely whimpers.  We are also putting her to bed awake, so that she knows how to fall asleep on her own.  This has made a world of different to us.  We know that to be happy parents and have a happy toddler, we need a baby that sleeps for 11 – 12 hours in her own crib and this is what we are now getting.    So yes, we are all sleeping better around here.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: this week it was sandwiches, fruit and ice cream.  Wes went to Aldi and bought blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, pineapple, cantaloupe, grapes, tangerines and apples.  I have eaten almost all of this fruit in a week’s time!  I have been craving a glass of wine or a margarita! It’s a hard craving to have because I know it won’t be satisfied for 19 weeks!

Symptoms: I have been really achy this week.  I have been using a heating pad on my back.  I think eventually I am going to have to give up carrying Emma and the pups L.  I am also not really feeling the second trimester burst of energy.  I can just feel myself slowing down in general- I have a feeling it is going to be a long summer until baby girl gets here.

Movement: yes, all the time.  I feel baby girl at least 4 – 5 times a day and I love it!

What I am worrying about: not too much.  For this category, I actually feel like it is a blessing to have a toddler, I don’t really have time to worry about the new baby with Emma around. 

What I am loving:  being pregnant.  That Emma is sleeping in her own crib.  That my husband is home every night when I get off of work. 

What I am looking forward too: shopping with my mom on Saturday!  We are looking for summer maternity clothes and Emma’s Easter basket goodies!

Best Moment of the week: hanging out with Wes, Emma and my parents at the Perot Museum- it was really cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment