Wednesday, June 7, 2017

May Little Things | Part Two

And here is what the second half of May looked like...

^ lots of spunk even though she asked to have her picture taken ;). ^
^ starbucks with my favorite people, of course ;). ^
^ Chengdu version of Shibuya street in Tokyo except everyone walks and drives at the same time :)! and there is no order. ^
^ these two can turn anything into a playground ^
^ budding photographer ^
^ back in another post, I mentioned this day was pretty challenging. here is a peek into some of those challenges (they were trying to earn their bubbles back - spoiler alert, they never got the bubbles). ^
^ tree lined paths void of people are my jam. ^

^ the energy at People's Park is so fun to watch. ^
^ we took a boat out - it was a lesson in patience with the two who wanted to paddle (I will give you one guess who those two were. it was not me or Wes ;)). ^

^ those piggies. ^




^ we let the girls choose a few rides to ride - first up was the train and a carrousel ^
^ but this little ride was their favorite. while going around and around, they were supposed to scoop up balls and put them in their basket. ^

^ they both wanted to ride in the same elephant so they took turns each doing this ride by themselves. ^

^ the girls played on this indoor playground thing for a long while. ^
^ jumping (homemade trampoline). bounding. exploring. ^
^ we ate at our new favorite bar-b-que place for lunch. ^
 ^ Ev's requested pigtails one morning and I thought it was so cute when Wes sent this picture to me. little did we know how this morning would turn out.  the nurse and teachers called Wes and I (I was in a meeting) and not one, but both girls had thrown up on the school bus! he had to get the driver to come back and to go get the girls and it was just a nutty morning, but he got them home and they spent the day resting (we think they just had something bad to eat). ^
^ Emma got out this towel just to be prepared ;). ^
^ back at school, Emma's class each got one flower and looked at it through a magnifying glass and then drew their interpretation - Em's loved this creative activity. ^
 ^ Wes got to attend Emma's end of the year swimming lesson and he caught this rainbow on the way into the school. ^
 ^ this swimsuit is quintessential Emma - I think she has worn the same swimsuit the last 3 - 4 summers (I had several different sizes). I am afraid she is going to be bummed next summer when she realizes I don't have it in the next size up. she was so happy and proud that her daddy was there. ^
 ^ could she be any cuter with her swim cap and goggles? ^
^ her favorite part of 'swim school' - the starfish. ^
^ Emma has started to prefer showers over baths (where has my baby gone??) so sometimes this one and I get some one-on-one bath time. ^

^ taking her elephant for a spin. ^
^ I won second place in the female ping pong competition at work! not going to lie, I was pretty proud of myself :). ^
^ the fish that Wes ordered for the fish fry came in much bigger than we expected so we had fish for days (and didn't even cook it all!). ^
^ before heading out to explore on Saturday morning, Evsie's requested a picture with the bear that her grandma gave her. ^
^ when she didn't feel like the bear could do a very good job standing, she figured she would just have a seat with her bear ;). ^
^ can she stay this precious forever? ^
^ giving the bear a twirl. ^
^ and still working on her 'mingo pose. ^

^ I love being her mama. ^
^ this is how she felt about taking a picture in a field of flowers that just happen to be our favorite color :/. and just in case you thought she was always in the mood to have her picture taken (most of the time she requests to have her picture taken with her animal before we leave the house)... ^
 ^ the rainbow field. ^
^ sneak peek of the light house - I loved this pace so much I will do a whole post later this month. ^
^ the girls normally get to pick out one toy/small thing when we visit these type of places - this time, they chose some butterfly accessories. ^
^ on Sunday we were tuckered out from the fish fry so I took the girls to the indoor swimming pool to burn off some energy. I got in with them so I don't have too many pictures :). ^
^ May 30th was the Dragon Boat festival holiday.  after roller blading lessons (taught by us ;)), Emma helped Wes to 'fix' his scooter. ^
 ^ we ordered some fancy wine (at least according to the person that sold it to us ;)) and it came! ^
 ^ our housing community hosted a little afternoon party for the kiddos. ^
 ^ the first activity that Emma participated in was one where they put all these fish in a shallow swimming pool and the kids got in and caught the fish with their hands while the parents were cheering them on.  it was seriously so bizarre, but the kiddos loved it. and Emma was super duper proud of the fish that she caught. and I was soooo proud of her too.  she was not thrilled when the other kids got to keep their fish and I made her put hers back.  she really wanted a pet.  I am not really sure what they were going to do with their fish that they took away (some people had buckets?), I guess eat them? ^
 ^ the girls moved on to the swimming pool next - it was only filled to about Everly's chest so they had a blast romping all through the pool. ^
 ^ as a bonus, they had filled the pools with lots and lots of balls. ^
 ^ I love to watch Emma swim - as my sister commented on instagram, she has come so far from her first swimming lesson days.  Austin took her to swimming lessons twice while I was out of town when she was a little over two and then I took her to the rest and the way she would scream and grab onto our necks was cringe-worthy for sure. I am glad she loves the water now!! ^
^ as we we were packing up I caught them telling secrets. about boys wearing underpants. no lie and this was completely unprompted and I didn't want to smile, but I could not help but laugh when Ev's busted out what the secret was about. ^

May was a great month!!

1 comment:

  1. Holy moly - the cutest outfits! I love Emma's one shoulder black swimsuit and the Everly's polkadot dress. Congrats on being the ping pong master - that is pretty impressive since China leads the world in ping pong championship medalists. You must be exceptional. Thank you for sharing the great photos - Emma has a fantastic teacher.

    ReplyDelete