Monday, June 12, 2017

Chengdu | Aroma Park (?)

A few weeks ago someone in one of the girls classes posted a picture of the most gorgeous field of purple flowers to their wechat group.  As soon as I saw the pictures, I knew we had to go.  The following Saturday promised to be beautiful (yet, hot) weather and so we decided to venture out.  I could never quite get the English name of the park (it didn't appear to draw a lot of foreign visitors) but on one of the signs I saw the word 'aroma' so we just started to call it Aroma Park.  I am going to let the pictures do most of the talking - we explored for about two hours taking in some gorgeous scenery, listening to a little complaining ;) and discovering a light house along the way.

^ rainbow field ^

^ snapping her own pictures. ^




^ this one takes the expression, 'take time to stop and smell the roses wildflowers' seriously. ^
^ our Elsa braid was along for the adventure ;). ^

^ I loved these flowers! ^


^ I love the juxtaposition of little Everly in a giant field. ^





^ we didn't make it to far before stopping for a snack break. ^
^ pink and purple together will always be my favorite. ^
^ not quite in the picture taking mood ;). ^
^ love this picture of Evsie's. ^
^ on clear days you can see the mountains that surround Chengdu. ^

^ they found caterpillar's. ^
^ and I found the light house. ^



^ daddy and Em's took off. ^
^ when Everly and I caught up, he was giving Em's a lesson in pollination. ^
^ I love this sweet scene. ^

^ Wes is great at letting the girls be themselves and getting these natural pictures of them - he took this one and it's one of my favorites. ^








^ we wrapped up our visit twirling in front of the lighthouse. ^
^ and said bye to these pretty flowers (until next year ;)). ^

2 comments:

  1. The comment about listening to q little complaining reminds me of our childhood and going to the arboretum ;) love the close up shot of the purple flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are lots of great pictures here!!! 💜

    ReplyDelete