Monday, June 5, 2017

May Little Things | Part One

Is it just me or did May fly by in the blink of an eye. I feel like January - March dragged on for a sweet forever, but come April, it feels like we took a speed rocket and ended up in June.  Here is a peek at what we were up to...

^ May 1st was a holiday in China (I think Labor Day?) so with an extra day off, we headed to the indoor swimming pool.  I wasn't feeling too well so I just sat on the sidelines and watched the girls do their thing. ^
^ these little fish swam over three hours! ^
^ cannonball!!! ^
^ Emma went on a school field trip to one of those places where you take on the roles of different professions - in this case a mechanic (loved getting a peek through the pictures that her teacher would send out). ^
^ we left for Thailand on the evening of May 4th so I decided to surprise the girls and swing by their class to pick them up from school.  They loved showing me all the things they have been working on.  This is a mural that Emma's teacher put together from their drawings - they each got to have a chance to paint their flower/leaf. ^
^ Evsie's favorite color is purple - like mother, like daughter ;). ^

^ that very day they had just planted their own flower in the pot they had finished painting the week before. all kinds of excitement for the pre K class. ^
^ hi, mom! picture on free dress day when we were back from vacation. ^
^ the Friday we got back was international day at the girls school.  it is the biggest event that the school puts on all year so I made sure to be there for it/for the girls.  the sun was shining so bright and it was hard to keep up with these two - I can't believe I only got these two pictures! ^
^ we had lots of fun participating in all of the activities. and eating all the yummy international food. ^
^ that particular Saturday, we headed back to our favorite playground. ^
^ she wanted to wear pink to match her mama. ^
^ can she please stay this sweet forever?? she has been the best toddler (minus the potty training drama) and I sometimes wonder if there will be payback in her teenage years or if she will always be this sweet. I am hoping for the later ;). ^
^ when we showed up, we had the place to ourselves and some shade! ^
^ can you spy my two munchkins? ^
^ my biggest girl can be pretty sweet too :). ^
^ after dinner at our friends house - all the kiddos snuggled up on their couch to watch a movie (the girls first time to see Shrek) and this one found some glasses to wear :). ^
^ this was the first super hot weekend in Chengdu and we could not get our air conditioning working!! we were a sweaty, hot mess.  luckily, after two visits from a maintenance crew they figured it out and got it working - whoosh, I had a feeling we were about to melt ;). ^
^ on Mother's Day we had dinner with our friends again - we brought cupcakes (this was my first time to make cupcakes in awhile and I forgot how much I liked them!). ^
^ love this guy and so happy I get to do this mom thing by his side. ^
^ one day after work, I came home and the girls were dressed and ready for the playground.  And Ev's was looking ridiculously cute with her stuffed elephant. ^
^ when big sister wanted to get in the shot. ^
^ Evsie's and her love for stuffed animals - I think this is always how I will remember her baby/toddler days. ^
^ she is getting so big and tall lately and I can't believe we are going to have a legitimate kindergartner on our hands in the fall! ^
^ our friends were headed to Disney and we were going to let them have our double stroller so the girls wanted to take one last spin in it. ^
^ when they get along, it is simply the best. ^
^ twirling like no one is watching (when in reality everyone is watching) on the playground. ^
^ another night. another round of dressing themselves for the playground - I particularly love how these dresses coordinate with each other. and that they picked them out all by themselves. ^
^ this picture sums them (and their personalities) up perfectly and might be my new favorite. ^
^ unprompted smooch-a-looches ^
^ ridiculously cute. ^
^ posing like a flamingo. ^

^ Emma's mouth open wide as she feeds Everly a bite of her candy - makes me lol every time; I made the same face when I fed them baby food. ^
^ at the playground, still feeling the smooches ;). ^
^ we brought Everly's kite they made in her classroom and it provided hours minutes of fun. ^
^ there is nothing more innocent then a child flying a kite. ^
^ Emma's turn!! ^
^ Evsie's painted the kite herself! ^
^ the girls had worked up quite a sweat and so I bought them a package of popsicles - they were delighted that the package had four so they got to eat two each ;). ^

^ when you can't decide what flavor to eat, you alternate taking a bite of each. ^
^ I absolutely love this house in our neighborhood right now - it is in full bloom! ^
^ we had a team outing at work one day and I got to learn how to play mah jong (a very famous game in China).  I was so excited to learn and now I am equally excited to teach Wes. ^

1 comment:

  1. Girls is the BEST outfits and Everly could NOT be any sweeter. She's just so lovely.

    ReplyDelete