Friday, March 10, 2017

Remember that time we went to Borneo?

In July of 2016?? Never too late to recap, right?  Since this blog serves as a family diary, I am bound and determined to catch up on posts that I should have written last year (I am looking at you, Borneo, 2nd stop in Hong Kong Disney and the rest of Beijing).  You can catch up on our first day in Borneo here.

^ i would take this view everyday of the week ^
^ the girls love to bring their baby dolls in the water! ^
^ yay! we are on vacation! ^

^ the pool looking out on the south china sea - we loved loved loved the hotel ^
^ that tongue sticking out ^
^ our only complaint this vacation is that the beach was 'not very good' according to our own words - there were warning signs that there were jellyfish in the water so the girls were not able to go out very far.  this is why Thailand will always win for us. ^
^ her day job could be seashell collector ^
^ working on the splits ^

^ this is how i want her to remember her childhood ^
^ what the resort lacked in beach, it made up for in pool/slides/activities for kids ^

^ peace!! ^
^ this sweet little koi pond was right outside our hotel room so we made sure to say hello! to the fish every time we passed by. and yes, Emma is babywearing - she will often make her own contraptions just so she can wear her babies. ^
^ the girls favorite part of the hotel was hands down the slides (well, besides the daily strawberry ice cream ;)) ^
^ Wes and I got in on the slide fun too! ^
^ we enjoyed some daytime margaritas ;) ^
^ we were hoping to see a stunning sunset that blew us out of the water, but I think the storms that came in every afternoon worked against us in the sunset department ^
^ a few days before she turned three!!! ^
^ one night they had a pirate party for the kiddo's - if your kiddo's were over 4, you could leave them, but since Ev's was just two, Wes and I stayed too ^
^ cutest little pirates ^
^ i caught them holding hands ^
^ Emma was really into the dancing contest ^
^ so much so, she would dance sometimes even when the music was off! ^


^ after Everly snuck away -she came back and got in on the dancing too ^
^ potato sack race! ^
^ Emma got to help out during the magic show.  They also had food, ice cream and party favors for the kids - the girls were begging to go back again, but they only host the party on Fridays. ^
^ early morning sunrise ^
^ life is not too bad when your toughest decision is switching between the pool, the ocean and the waterpark ^
^ can you see me and Evsie's under there? ^


^ hopeful for pink/purple skies ^
^ walking to dinner one night - I realized how cute we looked all hand in hand so I stopped and asked a stranger to take our picture :) ^
^ one of the girls favorite evenings was when we let them go night swimming ^
^ just look at those happy faces! ^
^ they found a worm and begged and pleaded to take it on the airplane so they could show Papa George - we settled on promises to send Papa George a picture of the worm they found ^
^ I want them to remember that I almost always say yes! to getting right in there and playing with them! ^

^ one morning I got the girls in 'regular' clothes and took some of my most favorite beach pictures ever ^
^ Evsie's could not be sweeter if she tried ^
^ see what I mean?!? ^
^ on our last day we headed to the pool even earlier than normal to soak up our last few hours ^
^ someone let us borrow their flamingo float! ^

^ my girls! ^
^ the sun was scorching hot, but we lathered up with sunscreen and hit the beach every.single.day. ^
^ still working on those splits ^


^ little girl, big ocean ^
^ the shadows are my favorite part of the beach pictures! ^
^ so much personality ^
^ this is Wes's most favorite picture of Emma from the entire year - it is a good one ;) ^
^ Everly spent some time trying to perfect her ballet moves ^
^ still working on it ;) ^
^ morning ice cream because we needed to leave the resort by 1pm to catch our flight ^
^ she chose sprinkles on hers ^
^ one final beer-ga-rita for us! ^
^ i am pretty sure Ev's had just shared a bite of her ice cream and was rewarded with some smooch-a-looches (that she doesn't seem that pleased about) ^
^ so hot, we finally got smart and opted for bowls to put their dripping cones in ^
^ delish! ^
^ i love the next series of shots - Emma holding Everly and them sliding down together as Wes and I probably told them one last time no less than twenty times. ^



^ last minute shenanigans ^

^ final sister slide ^
^ and just like that it was time to pack up and head out ^
^ we flew back into Hong Kong in the evening - we got to take in this sunset from the plane! this part of our vacation was beyond relaxing - we stayed (ate and played) at our resort for the entire five days.  it was just what we needed. ^

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Major vacation envy. Those slides look awesome! And a margarita... A pregnant girl can dream. It like y'all had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing this in the winter is kind of unfair - the whole time, I was thinking why are we not at the beach right now?!?

      Delete
  2. I love the black and white dresses with the pirate scarves - so cute.
    Looks like a fantastic vacation. I am so jealous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girls have the best tans! And I love Emma's swimsuits and laughed out loud at her dancing competition enthusiasm

    ReplyDelete