I L.O.V.E the Olympics. Growing up, my parents took us on a summer vacation each summer and one of my fondest memories is stopping at the Olympic training center in Colorado Springs - I just get giddy anytime I think of the Olympics (or that trip). So I was definitely thrilled that seeing the Beijing Olympic park was on our list of things to do while we were there.
Emma was pretty thrilled about it too - just kidding, she was happy to be out of the car - the taxi ride from the Temple of Heaven to the Olympic Park was quite long.
She jumps everywhere we go.
Loved seeing the water cube.
Do you see that all of those buildings make a dragon - Glenn told us these are the most expensive apartments per square footage in Beijing.
When she is not jumping, she can be found twirling.
Detailed shot- I have vivid memories about watching the 2008 Beijing games.
I believe this was actually built after the Olympics were over.
Water cube plus our first look at the bird's nest.
Future Olympic athletes ;)?
I really got a kick of watching them run everywhere (without a care in the world) - when we travel, I am just constantly amazed by everything they have got to do at such a young age. We are absolutely thrilled that we get to give them these opportunities.
Some family snaps in front of the water cube - where all of the swimming and diving events were held.
I was so so so super excited to see the infamous Bird's Nest. I cannot even tell you how many times I saw this on TV during the games. The girls were just as excited ;).
Whenever the girls are in a 'mood' I try to suggest we do a 'go team' picture and it normally snaps them out of the funk (at least momentarily). We also try to tell them/coach them that their family is their biggest team in life so when we say go team, we are really talking about rooting for our family.
The way the sun was hitting the Bird's Nest was just so sparkly and full of magic.
I really want to be able to go to an Olympic games with this guy one day!
Loved seeing these Olympic rings.
Family picture :). Have I mentioned that this was one of my favorite parts of hiring a private tour guide - unlimited family pictures included ;).
Can you see Ev's?
Evsie's and Daddy :).
I *think* this held the Olympic torch during the games, but I could be wrong because it has been 6 months since we have been and I have slept since then ;).
We opted not to go in to any of the buildings because Glenn told us there was not much to see, so we just walked around and enjoyed our time there. For lunch, Glenn took us to his favorite place that was close to our next stop, the Summer Palace and we finally tried a Chinese Hamburger!
And we ate up some other food too -the cauliflower was definitely a favorite!
After we were full, we were off to our last stop of the day!
























What is in a Chinese burger?? I think you got some really great family pics!! Maybe even a Christmas card one!?!! :)
ReplyDelete