Now that we wrapped up our summer vacation, I am back to wrap up the Beijing portion of our fall vacation starting with the Temple of Heaven on day 2. You can read more about our itinerary here and catch up on day one here (the exhibition hall, Tiananmen Square, National Museum, Forbidden City, Coal Hill Park and Wangfujing Street - whew that was a busy day!). Day 2 was scheduled to be less busy which was perfect for us - after wearing Emma on my back for Day 1 and traveling over a week with two little ones, we were starting to feel a little worn down.
After some McDonald's for breakfast - Glenn met us there - we hopped in a cab and headed to Temple of Heaven. On the way in, you walk through a park where lots of retiree's meet to catch up with friends/play games and exercise. I think Glenn was telling us that the retiree's could buy an annual pass for 600RMB (about $100) to cover their entrance every morning.
This guy was incredible.
As we continued to walk, we were fascinated to see that the same design on Forbidden City was also used here throughout. Just like the Forbidden City, part of it was older while part of it had been restored.
Loved getting a peek at daily life.
Tree lined path with the sun peeking through!
Checkers?
This is a very famous tree at the park because it has two different kinds of tree (I can't remember what kinds) growing together, but only one kind of leaf.
Family picture :).
Where did Everly go? Ha! I think she was being a toot and we told Glenn not to worry about getting her in the picture.
Temple of Heaven and the bluest sky.
Getting a life from dad.
Ha! They were thrilled to be there (the sun was really bright) ;).
One of the kings built this temple and the ruler of China would come here a couple of different times a year to pray for a good harvest (I can't remember exactly, but that is what I am recalling).
Love this guy! And love that we love to explore together!!
She looks so itsy bitsy here.
I can't remember anything about this tree...
but Glenn told us to put our hands out to feel the energy. And we obeyed. I am not sure I felt any extra energy carrying Emma around ;).
On the way out there was another kind of park where locals were practicing some kind of game?
It was a really gorgeous morning weather wise - we were really trying to soak up Beijing (it is just too bad that I can't remember the specifics ;)).
After some McDonald's for breakfast - Glenn met us there - we hopped in a cab and headed to Temple of Heaven. On the way in, you walk through a park where lots of retiree's meet to catch up with friends/play games and exercise. I think Glenn was telling us that the retiree's could buy an annual pass for 600RMB (about $100) to cover their entrance every morning.
This guy was incredible.
As we continued to walk, we were fascinated to see that the same design on Forbidden City was also used here throughout. Just like the Forbidden City, part of it was older while part of it had been restored.
Loved getting a peek at daily life.
Tree lined path with the sun peeking through!
Checkers?
This is a very famous tree at the park because it has two different kinds of tree (I can't remember what kinds) growing together, but only one kind of leaf.
Family picture :).
Where did Everly go? Ha! I think she was being a toot and we told Glenn not to worry about getting her in the picture.
Temple of Heaven and the bluest sky.
Getting a life from dad.
Ha! They were thrilled to be there (the sun was really bright) ;).
One of the kings built this temple and the ruler of China would come here a couple of different times a year to pray for a good harvest (I can't remember exactly, but that is what I am recalling).
Love this guy! And love that we love to explore together!!
She looks so itsy bitsy here.
I can't remember anything about this tree...
but Glenn told us to put our hands out to feel the energy. And we obeyed. I am not sure I felt any extra energy carrying Emma around ;).
On the way out there was another kind of park where locals were practicing some kind of game?
It was a really gorgeous morning weather wise - we were really trying to soak up Beijing (it is just too bad that I can't remember the specifics ;)).

































I love seeing the locals in the park. Interesting to peek into their culture!
ReplyDelete