Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Four Random Things

One. I have not used a blow dryer in more than five years (with the exception of when I get my hair cut and they blow dry it there – and as you might remember, Wes cut my hair until we moved to China, where I have had two haircuts since we moved here). My hair was broken and damaged and one morning I just decided not to use it again and I have never looked back (I am almost positive this was right before Emma was born).  I am not one that you would look to for hair styling tips, but this is what my ‘routine’ (if you can even call it a routine) looks like.  I wash my hair every other night and I let it air dry for about 30 – 45 minutes.  At that point, I run my daughter’s wet brush through it.  That is it.  If I go to bed right out of the shower, I find that my hair will get frizzy while I sleep, but if I follow this – there is hardly any frizz.  I got some dry shampoo for Christmas and I have been trying to learn how to use it, but so far I have been unsuccessful.  Occasionally, I will wear my hair ‘curly’ and put some hair mousse in it, but since moving to China this is pretty rare.




Two. We have been doing ‘homework’ with Emma every day after school.  She is really coming a long way in letters and sounds and has some sight words and can sound out some words, but I would say she is definitely not reading yet.  We are trying to help her get some extra practice at home with just one page sheets that we often make up ourselves or that we downloaded from the internet.


Three. When I was looking at my closet the other day to do some spring cleaning I actually came across a spring training t-shirt and I realized that I may have never shared this fact with you – when I was in middle school and high school, I was head over heels in love with baseball and my dad and I went to spring training in Florida and then in Arizona a couple of times. I have really fond memories of those trips - just me and my dad (which is rare when you are one of four) and every time I pull out that t-shirt it puts a smile on my face.  I hope to take the girls on some one-on-one trips when they are a bit older too especially seeing what an impression it has had on me.


Four. Emma and Everly are enamored with the idea of getting married and having babies.  I am not kidding you when I say that we have no less than 10 babies pop out of our tummy a week (all girls (duh!) and mostly named flower or heart jewel).  In addition to having babies, they talk about weddings and getting married all the time (mostly Emma leading and Everly following in the marriage department).  The picture above is just one example of how Emma convinced Everly to walk arm and arm like they were heading to their wedding ;). I just do not remember being this girly when I was little so this all sometimes comes as a surprise to me.


p.s. one bonus random thing – even though it is March, I am still drinking my morning cup of coffee at work out of my red cup simply because it makes me happy. I just thought you would like to know that ;).

5 comments:

  1. Dying laughing at Emma's new hair piece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. quite possibly my biggest parenting mistake to date equals buying that hair piece ;).

      Delete
  2. I hope Emma's hair looks like that at her real wedding. Also, here in the US they have spring colored Starbucks cups this year. Kind of cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also all about that wig! Please do a princess photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete