Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Stop and Smell the Iris's

My parents have iris's growing in the yard behind their house and sometimes in their front yard.  They have pictures with me by iris's when I was a kid.  And a few years ago my mom and I re-created the pictures of my childhood and took some of our own pictures by the iris's with fur baby Bailey. 


Aren't we cute?  Looking at these pictures makes me long for my non-maternity face :)  


This year, Emma was invited to get in on the fun.  


Emma and her Nonni :) Emma is practicing her shy smile here.  I think they look much more alike than Emma and I do!  I also love how Emma's bow matched Nonni's shirt (purely coincidental).  


Then grandpa George bounced her all around and cajoled a real smile out of her. 


Emma was pretty much over the iris photo shoot by the time it came to take a picture with mommy.  Still cute even though Emma was being a grump.   


Try to ignore me in the background, but I love this picture of Emma.  This is her excited, talking with her hands look of the moment. 


Now some of the outtakes were pretty funny.  We tried to get a picture of Emma with both of my parents.  At first, Emma pushed them away. 


Then, she decided the timing was right to sullenly look at the ground.  I love how my parent's are so eagerly looking at me (with the camera) and Emma wants nothing to do with this.  


Don't worry, I also got the same treatment as my parents :) but this time I also got a grimace to go with the hand in the face!  


And, in case you are wondering how my dad got Emma to smile, there was a lot of Emma bouncing up and down happening. 


Love the way that Emma is looking at my dad in this picture. 


Conclusion for this blog post:  I am glad that we took the time to capture these smiles by the iris's and I may have to get some iris's for my own yard :).  

No comments:

Post a Comment