Friday, April 19, 2013

Bluebonnet Fail

Taking pictures of your kids in bluebonnets is a tradition here in Texas.  We have a church across the street that has a small bluebonnet patch so we thought it would be fun to take Emma's pics there.  We thought it would be low key and no other people there to distract us.  Boy, were we wrong!  It all started off ok.  Here she is approaching the bluebonnets (with lion in tow).


She eagerly grabbed at one of the bluebonnets and got a fistful!  Don't tell the church :).


This is when all hell broke loose.  I decided that if we were going to get a good picture, I needed to take lion out of the equation.  Well that resulted in this lovely picture. 


Followed by more crying.


I was trying to hold lion up to get her to smile.  When that didn't work, I just decided to throw lion in the middle of the bluebonnets and see if she would cheer up "chasing" him. Poor lion.  


Meanwhile, Wes captured this pretty shot!


Emma was still crying, so I grabbed lion and attempted to comfort her explaining to her that we just wanted some pretty pictures of our girl.    


Even though Emma is not facing the camera, I love these next two pictures.  I wrapped my arm around Emma and Emma wrapped her arm around me.


Pure love for each other.  


There is always next time or next year but for right now, I am just going to cherish these pictures (even if our girly is screaming!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment