Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Easter Egg Dying 2013

I have mentioned this before, but I love holidays and I want to instill that love of holidays in Emma.  Trust me, I know that she will not remember dying eggs on her second Easter, but when she looks back and reads this blog, she will know that I did everything possible to make it special for her.  And hopefully, she will feel special and love holidays as well.  So I decided that we needed to dye eggs in order to make this Easter special :).

We started by Wes hard boiling (in the oven) some eggs.  Here they are getting their ice bath!


While he was doing that, I pulled out our package of egg dye that we got for 47 cents last year on clearance after Easter and started mixing the colors.  I decided that we would just do four colors this year and dye 8 eggs.


Once all of the color was prepped, we stripped Emma down to her diaper and moved everything to the garage.  I was afraid of this being a super messy project :).  To say Emma was confused was an understatement.  She could not figure out for the life of her why she would be dropping eggs into cups.  Here she is with the wrong hand (the hand without the egg) in the cup!


I started coaching her at this point.  Picture me saying "Emma the egg goes in the cup, not your hand", all while cracking up.


Here she is starting to get the concept!


Moves her hand a little bit closer...


Finally, dropping the egg in the cup in order to color it!


Debating whether she made the right decision by dropping the egg in the cup!


I don't have a picture of it, but Emma was very confused/scared/sad after dropping the egg in.  She couldn't figure out why she could get the egg out of the cup.  We quickly hid that cup and grabbed another cup hoping to distract her without a meltdown.


We continued dying eggs and clapping very excitedly for Emma after she would drop the egg in the cup!  I was proud of myself for not intervening and letting Emma take control.



Flashing daddy a smile and feeling very proud of herself!


And the finished product which the Easter bunny hid the next day!


Cant wait to see how the eggs continue to develop over the years!

No comments:

Post a Comment