Thursday, January 31, 2013

Baby Mitchell #2: 15 Weeks



How Far Along: 15 weeks J

How Big is Baby: the size of a naval orange (4.5 inches long); I must have had the wrong size last week L

Sleep: sleeping great!  No pregnancy insomnia.  In fact, I have the opposite problem.  On Monday night I fell asleep on the couch before 8.  Wes woke me up and we both went to bed at 8:15.  That is a new record for us.  I remember being tired last time around, but I just don’t remember being this tired.  I don’t know if it has to do with my earlier start time at work or having Emma but sometimes I am just exhausted.  Also, still sleeping on my tummy J

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I still hate the smell of regular coffee.  Some people make it at work and I want to tell them to STOP- it makes me gag.  I am trying to eat more protein because I am literally hungry all of the time. 

Symptoms: heartburn.  Seriously? It’s not supposed to start this early.  Maybe this baby will have a head full of dark hair like me?  There is always hoping J.  Also, I can just feel my body starting to slow down and taking longer to recover after taking long walks (or really cleaning the upstairs). 

Movement: Yes, I really think I felt the baby this week!  One day after lunch, I leaned forward at my desk and my belly was touching my desk and I felt the flutter, I leaned in a little closer and felt it again.  I have felt this same flutter for the last two days just a couple of times a day. 

Gender Prediction: my mom had a dream that the baby was a boy!  It was a funny dream.  In the dream she couldn’t believe that we were having a boy and told us that we couldn’t have a boy because we didn’t know what to do with a boy.  So maybe this baby is a boy?  After I told my husband that story, he asked me if I cared either way what the gender is- and the answer is I really don’t have a preference.  Anyone that knows me, knows I wanted a girl so badly with Emma.  I would jokingly tell people that I had to find out the gender because I would need the next 20 weeks to recover if we were having a boy.  This time I feel so differently about it.  I would love for Emma to have a sister.  But I would also love for her to have a brother.  Seriously no preference this time around.

What I am worrying about: not nearly as much this week.  As a follow up to last week’s worries, Wes did a few “fake” heart attacks this week.  Turns out Emma just laughs at him and moves on J

What I am loving:  that my belly bump is growing.  I really think I look less like I gained 10 pounds and more like I am having a baby now J

What I am looking forward too: I know this is way far ahead, but I have already been daydreaming about breastfeeding our newbie.  In case you didn’t know, I am 100% pro breastfeeding. 

Best Moment of the week: Wes painting Emma’s big girl room J a clean upstairs- it feels great not to be drowning in paperwork anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment