Monday, January 21, 2013

Baby Mitchell #2: 13 Weeks



How Far Along: 13 weeks!

How Big is Baby: the size of a lemon (3 inches long)

Sleep: is much better thanks to Emma J although I already find myself waking up at least five times a night to use the restroom.  It’s like your body knows what to do the second time around J.    

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: chocolate milk- yummo J

Symptoms: most improved category.  As I mentioned in the last post, I finally decided to give up my no medicine ways (seriously, I cringe at the thought of taking Tylenol and was in tears the first time we gave it to Emma).  Wes filled my prescription after a particularly bad morning and I have taken it every day since.  I did not throw up at all this week.  AMAZING.  Seriously, before medicine I dreaded getting out of bed, because I knew what it meant.  Now, I am still nervous but have been pleasantly surprised.  I guess there is something to be said for medicine.  

Movement: Nope

Gender Prediction: still leaning towards girl- only because of the higher heartbeat.   

What I am worrying about: this week I was consumed with work worries and had no time to worry about the baby.  It is really funny to me- the first time around I checked my what to expect pregnancy app religiously every day.  This time, I only check it for my weekly posts to see how big the baby is J.  I have to keep telling myself all of the milestones that baby number two has will be just as important as Emma’s (even if I can’t maintain my app reading!).  

What I am loving:  being pregnant.  Feeling so blessed to get to do this all over again.   

What I am looking forward too: planning Emma’s first birthday party!      

Best Moment of the week: getting to hear the little heartbeat (150bpm) at my OB appointment- there is nothing like the flutters until you hear that thump-thump-thump-thump on the Doppler.         

No comments:

Post a Comment